Grilled pork medallions
When salads and sandwiches just won't do, the grilled pork medallions at Uva69 are worth a detour.
Uva 69, well known for its salads, sandwiches and croissants, also serves up a Latin-inspired culinary gem. Artfully arranged on a plate are two juicy grilled pork medallions ($17) served over a velvety sauce of red wine, onions, bacon and butter. On the side, "congris" risotto - an artful take on the traditional red beans and rice - tomato and avocado salsa, and plantain fritters - perfectly fried mashed plantain balls with a melted cheese center. What you get is a dynamite combination of flavors with just the right amount of salt, sweet and spice. When you're in a sandwich-and-salad rut, veer off the usual for this dish.
Uva 69, 6900 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-754-9022
- Get a free iced coffee at South Florida Dunkin' Donuts on March 9
- Have Brunch in the Garden with Les Dames and top chefs
- Michael Schwartz to open new Miami Design District café: Ella
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Telva Bakery, Viva Mexico offer sweet cakes and savory tacos in Miami
- The List: Where Buns & Buns' Alex Zibi eats around Miami
- Tom Colicchio's top chef in Miami has South Florida roots
- Scott Conant's in the kitchen (sometimes) at Corsair in Aventura
- Miami restaurant review: Michael Mina's StripSteak meats and exceeds expectations in Miami Beach
- La Mancha's munchies are Portuguese and Brazilian in downtown Miami