Grilled pork medallions
When salads and sandwiches just won't do, the grilled pork medallions at Uva69 are worth a detour.
Uva 69, well known for its salads, sandwiches and croissants, also serves up a Latin-inspired culinary gem. Artfully arranged on a plate are two juicy grilled pork medallions ($17) served over a velvety sauce of red wine, onions, bacon and butter. On the side, "congris" risotto - an artful take on the traditional red beans and rice - tomato and avocado salsa, and plantain fritters - perfectly fried mashed plantain balls with a melted cheese center. What you get is a dynamite combination of flavors with just the right amount of salt, sweet and spice. When you're in a sandwich-and-salad rut, veer off the usual for this dish.
Uva 69, 6900 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-754-9022
- Copperbox chef Gabriela Machado returns with 'Paladar' dinner series
- Indulge in a Krug dinner at the Dutch Sept 3
- Miami Spice Mash-Up grand finale
- 3.5 stars for L'echon Brasserie's Pubbelly-style take on French fare
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Oyster bar classics and more at new Mignonette
- Brush up on grill skills at BLT Prime this weekend
- Flex your mussels at Bistro BE and Colette
- Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road
- Craft beer dinners bubble up in Miami