Grilled pork medallions
When salads and sandwiches just won't do, the grilled pork medallions at Uva69 are worth a detour.
Uva 69, well known for its salads, sandwiches and croissants, also serves up a Latin-inspired culinary gem. Artfully arranged on a plate are two juicy grilled pork medallions ($17) served over a velvety sauce of red wine, onions, bacon and butter. On the side, "congris" risotto - an artful take on the traditional red beans and rice - tomato and avocado salsa, and plantain fritters - perfectly fried mashed plantain balls with a melted cheese center. What you get is a dynamite combination of flavors with just the right amount of salt, sweet and spice. When you're in a sandwich-and-salad rut, veer off the usual for this dish.
Uva 69, 6900 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-754-9022
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Eating House branches out with Taperia Raca in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Sugarcane hosts Santa Teresa rum dinner April 30
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Eating House hosts annual 4:20 dinner Sunday, April 20
- 3 stars for Seasalt & Pepper on Miami River
- Tongue & Cheek celebrates its first anniversary with $2 sliders, $4 cocktails and free ice cream
- 2 stars for South Miami's Buns & Buns
- Egg hunts, cooking class, Frozen screening & Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Traymore entices with seafood stew, 40 gins and a gleaming white dining room at the new Metropolitan Miami by COMO hotel