Grilled pork medallions
When salads and sandwiches just won't do, the grilled pork medallions at Uva69 are worth a detour.
Uva 69, well known for its salads, sandwiches and croissants, also serves up a Latin-inspired culinary gem. Artfully arranged on a plate are two juicy grilled pork medallions ($17) served over a velvety sauce of red wine, onions, bacon and butter. On the side, "congris" risotto - an artful take on the traditional red beans and rice - tomato and avocado salsa, and plantain fritters - perfectly fried mashed plantain balls with a melted cheese center. What you get is a dynamite combination of flavors with just the right amount of salt, sweet and spice. When you're in a sandwich-and-salad rut, veer off the usual for this dish.
Uva 69, 6900 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-754-9022
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- 3 stars for Prime Fish's South Beach swagger
- River Seafood & Oyster Bar to move down the Miami River
- Miami Spice 2014 Guide - From A to Z
- Pubbelly Boys to close PB Steak in Miami Beach
- St. Louis-based Pi Pizzeria opening this year in South Beach
- New chef, new look for Azul at the Mandarin Oriental Miami
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- Cheen-Huaye Mexican restaurant expands menu, dining room in North Miami
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour