Grilled pork medallions
When salads and sandwiches just won't do, the grilled pork medallions at Uva69 are worth a detour.
Uva 69, well known for its salads, sandwiches and croissants, also serves up a Latin-inspired culinary gem. Artfully arranged on a plate are two juicy grilled pork medallions ($17) served over a velvety sauce of red wine, onions, bacon and butter. On the side, "congris" risotto - an artful take on the traditional red beans and rice - tomato and avocado salsa, and plantain fritters - perfectly fried mashed plantain balls with a melted cheese center. What you get is a dynamite combination of flavors with just the right amount of salt, sweet and spice. When you're in a sandwich-and-salad rut, veer off the usual for this dish.
Uva 69, 6900 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-754-9022
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Bold & cold: Tio Gazpacho bottles the good stuff
- In Miami Beach, Klima's exquisite food is a study in simplicity
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Take a swim with Soho Bay's fresh fish dishes
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez