Grey Goose at Polo
Enjoy this quartet of drinks at the annual Miami Beach event
Miami Beach Polo returns to the sands, and once again that means great cocktails will also be part of the fun.
Grey Goose is the official spirit of choice for the beach polo crowd this year (they used to share the bill with Bombay Sapphire), and the following quartet of drinks will be featured in the VIP tents from April 21-24.
If you can't get into those tents, try making some of these drinks at home, toss them into your cooler, head to the beach and watch the polo matches from the sands and sip your cocktail - just like those folks under the viewing tents.
(In clockwise order, beginning with the top left image).
THE GREY GOOSE Le Citron Back Shot
- 1 1/2 part Grey Goose Le Citron
- 1/2 St. Germain
- 1 part grape juice
- 1/2 pear puree
Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with cubed ice.
Shake vigorously and strain into a rocks glass filled with cubed ice.
Garnish with 2 grapes on an olive pick.
The GREY GOOSE Le Citron Safety
- 2 parts GREY GOOSE Le Citron Flavored Vodka
- 3 slices peeled cucumber
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 part lemon juice
In a cocktail shaker combine 2 cucumber slices with mint and sugar and muddle well.
Add the GREY GOOSE Le Citron and lemon juice and muddle well.
Add ice and shake well until the outside of the shaker is frosted and beaded with sweat.
Strain into the martini glass and float a cucumber slice on top.
(Tip: Try substituting rosemary or cilantro for the mint to create a savory aperitif cocktail.)
THE GREY GOOSE L’ORANGE TROT
- 1 part GREY GOOSE L’Orange
- 3/4 parts Campari
- 3/4 parts DISARONNO liqueur
- 2 parts orange juice
- 2 parts club soda
- 1 long orange twist
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all ingredients except club soda.
Shake well and strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
Top with club soda and garnish with long swirl of orange.
THE GREY GOOSE PONY GOAL
- 1 part GREY GOOSE La Poire
- 1/2 part limoncello
- 1/2 part premium ginger liqueur
- 3/4 part blood orange juice
- 1/4 part simple syrup
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake vigorously, and strain into a rocks glass rimmed with sugar and filled with crushed ice.
Present with mint leaves, dried pears or lemon confit.
(Tip: Blood oranges are generally more tart than traditional oranges. If you substitute Florida or navel oranges, you may want to hold back a touch on the simple syrup.)
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Cocktails at Lure Fishbar at the Loews
- Portofino Wine Bank hosts exclusive champagne tasting for its 10th anniversary