Greenway Bike Festival is this weekend
Pull out the bikes, pump up the tires and take a ride through the Greenway Trail, which connects Biscayne National Park with Everglades National Park.
Greenway Bike Festival
Saturday, Feb. 25; riders gather at 7:30 a.m.
41 N. Krome Ave., Homestead
The city of Homestead will host its fourth annual Biscayne/Everglades Greenway Bike Festival this weekend, a unique two day event that highlights the Greenway Bike Trail.
The trail is a project connecting Biscayne National Park and Everglades National Park.
The Bike Festival will begins on Saturday at Losner Park in Downtown Homestead. The U.S. Army’s Golden Knights will parachute into the park at 7:15 a.m. to launch the festival. Participants will have a choice of three supported rides on Saturday.
On Sunday, there will be a guided tour of the 42-mile Greenway Trail. For details, go to www.active.com/cycling and search for Greenway Bike Festival.
See and Do
- 'Eat Your Words:' a culinary conversation with local writers and top chef Mark Zeitouni at The Standard Miami Beach
- SoundScape Cinema Series
- A where-to guide of new, cool places to drink and eat in Orlando
- Win Tickets To Dive-In Movie at The Standard
- Haring Miami exhibit spotlights iconic artist this weekend
- Edible Garden Festival at Fairchild
- South Florida Farmers Market Guide
- Skateboard Rodeo rolls into town
- Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project cleans up Miami Beach
- Bark in the Park