Eat green in honor of Earth Day 2011
Happy Earth Month! Celebrate the planet with a host of green eats…
- Area 31 is presenting a special tasting menu available April 15-22. The menu features ingredients from local farmers and includes an optional organic wine pairing. Highlights include green crunch vegetable salad with watermelon radish, heirloom carrot soup and toasted quinoa with poached quail egg, smoked tofu and pickled spring onion. $55 per person, wine pairings an additional $35 per person.305-424-5234.
- Atrio at Conrad Miami celebrates with a five-course Farm to Table menu available at lunch from April 18-22. The global menu features organic, farm-raised and self-sustained farming products. Highlights include European mushroom & goat cheese bisque, an Asian spring roll and a North American rock shrimp and remoulade slider. $24 per person, reserve at 305-503-6529.
- Conscious Bite Out is hosting an evening of Food & Film at 7pm at the Sacred Space. Enjoy a screening of "The Vanishing of the Bees" and a selection of organic hors d'oeuvres, snacks & desserts. $65 per person, call 305-772-6978.
- Piola is celebrating with a special five-day menu showcasing produce from the Roots in the City Overtown community garden. From April 19-23, enjoy Pizza Miami Gardens (mozzarella, tomato sauce, cherry tomatoes, scallions & fresh oregano), Insalata Key Biscayne (mixed greens, scallions, heriloom tomatoes, fresh tuna & fresh oregano), Gnocchi Overtown (organic La Chipper potatoes, kale butter, sage & arugula) and six other specialty dishes. Ten percent of Piola’s Earth Day proceeds will benefit Roots in the City. Extra bonus – everyone who eats at either of Piola’s three South Florida locations (Brickell, Miami Beach & Hallandale Beach) between April 19 and 23 will walk away with a bag of seeds & planning instructions from the Roots in the City garden.
- Sustain Restaurant + Bar is offering a five-course prix-fixe feast during dinner on Friday, April 22. The menu features local, sustainable products and items include "50 mile salad," yellow eye snapper and Four Arrows strip steak. $55 p4er person.
270 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
Atrio @ Conrad Miami
1395 Brickell Ave, Miami
Conscious Bite Out
The Sacred Space
$65 per person
Brickell, 1250 S. Miami Ave
Miami Beach, 1625 Alton Rd
Hallandale Beach, 1703 East Hallandale Beach Blvd
Sustain Restaurant + Bar
3252 NE 1 Ave, Midtown
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Brickell Restaurant Week begins today
- COYO Taco opens in Brickell today
- Celeb chef Michelle Bernstein out at Seagrape
- MiMo's The Federal will close for a week, reopen with new name, concept
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral