Gourmet Table deli/market opens July 20 with executive chef Rafael Melendez
Upscale deli/market/restaurant brings in former Gibraltar chef
Gourmet Table, opening in Coral Gables on July 20, has tapped executive chef Rafael Melendez to oversee food operations and create a menu that will include, among other things, Octopus Carpaccio, Scottish Salmon Tartare, Sevruga Caviar with Orange Crème Fraiche and Blinis, and Shrimp Organic “Laughing Bird” Ceviche.
Melendez hails from San Juan, Puerto Rico, where he kicked off his culinary career at the El San Juan Hotel & Casino. Melendez's CV includes stints at the Stanley Hotel in Colorado, where he "fused elements of French, American and Puerto Rican cuisine," and Gibraltar at Grove Isle.
"This feels like a perfect match and an exciting venture for me to be working with Gourmet Table. Here I have the freedom to bring a unique creation of delicacies that will make anyone fall in love with the explosion of international flavors. I really look forward to bringing a taste of Europe to Miami and creating truly memorable experiences to our guests,” says Melendez.
Gourmet Table's marketplace promises a European vibe with hard to find international imports and wine, champagne, exotic teas, coffees, caviars, cheeses, foie gras, chocolates, Mediterranean organic olive oils, and more.
4555 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
- 13 events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - April 29-May 1
- 9 events not to miss in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- Discounted drinks & designer duds, Yandel & Gadiel for free, missing matzo, and an ode to Drake
- 13 events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - April 15-17
- New Pubbelly venture: PB Station in downtown
- 12 events not to miss in Miami this weekend - April 8-10
- Piano playing in Wynwood, Macy's parading at Icon, pop culture on the Gale rooftop & Led Zep yoga @ Anatomy at 1220
- 12 Best Events in Miami this Weekend - April 1-3
- Crab racing & beer in Wynwood, art auctions & pig at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
- 9 great events in Miami this weekend - March 25-27