Gourmet Table deli/market opens July 20 with executive chef Rafael Melendez
Upscale deli/market/restaurant brings in former Gibraltar chef
Gourmet Table, opening in Coral Gables on July 20, has tapped executive chef Rafael Melendez to oversee food operations and create a menu that will include, among other things, Octopus Carpaccio, Scottish Salmon Tartare, Sevruga Caviar with Orange Crème Fraiche and Blinis, and Shrimp Organic “Laughing Bird” Ceviche.
Melendez hails from San Juan, Puerto Rico, where he kicked off his culinary career at the El San Juan Hotel & Casino. Melendez's CV includes stints at the Stanley Hotel in Colorado, where he "fused elements of French, American and Puerto Rican cuisine," and Gibraltar at Grove Isle.
"This feels like a perfect match and an exciting venture for me to be working with Gourmet Table. Here I have the freedom to bring a unique creation of delicacies that will make anyone fall in love with the explosion of international flavors. I really look forward to bringing a taste of Europe to Miami and creating truly memorable experiences to our guests,” says Melendez.
Gourmet Table's marketplace promises a European vibe with hard to find international imports and wine, champagne, exotic teas, coffees, caviars, cheeses, foie gras, chocolates, Mediterranean organic olive oils, and more.
- Nicole Moudaber brings her sounds to Space on Saturday
- Party with Jenny McCarthy at E11even Miami Saturday night after "Dirty Sexy Funny"
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 11 - 13
- Velvet Underground: Huahua's Taqueria launches a hot happy hour series and The Duke Lounge/Gallery opens in Little Havana
- Dada Life brought high-energy show to Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 4 - 6
- Afrojack warms up the Fourth of July partying with a set at Mansion this Thursday
- Top Ten Fourth of July Weekend Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fourth of July Parties in South Florida
- The top three moments from Friday night at the iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party