Gourmet Table deli/market opens July 20 with executive chef Rafael Melendez
Upscale deli/market/restaurant brings in former Gibraltar chef
Gourmet Table, opening in Coral Gables on July 20, has tapped executive chef Rafael Melendez to oversee food operations and create a menu that will include, among other things, Octopus Carpaccio, Scottish Salmon Tartare, Sevruga Caviar with Orange Crème Fraiche and Blinis, and Shrimp Organic “Laughing Bird” Ceviche.
Melendez hails from San Juan, Puerto Rico, where he kicked off his culinary career at the El San Juan Hotel & Casino. Melendez's CV includes stints at the Stanley Hotel in Colorado, where he "fused elements of French, American and Puerto Rican cuisine," and Gibraltar at Grove Isle.
"This feels like a perfect match and an exciting venture for me to be working with Gourmet Table. Here I have the freedom to bring a unique creation of delicacies that will make anyone fall in love with the explosion of international flavors. I really look forward to bringing a taste of Europe to Miami and creating truly memorable experiences to our guests,” says Melendez.
Gourmet Table's marketplace promises a European vibe with hard to find international imports and wine, champagne, exotic teas, coffees, caviars, cheeses, foie gras, chocolates, Mediterranean organic olive oils, and more.
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets