Got Volunteerism for the Arts?
Learn about local arts organizations that are feeling the squeeze at this networking event hosted by Connect Florida.
Friday, August 6 from 10 p.m. till midnight
Louis, 2325 Collins Avenue,Miami Beach; firstname.lastname@example.org
A study conducted by the National Association of State Arts Agencies showed that in 2006, Florida's financial support of arts was ranked second in the country. This year it has fallen to 49th place in per capita spending for the arts, thanks to a 92 percent cut in state spending -- from over $30 million to less than $1 million.
What that means for Florida is less funding for arts projects and less culture for the general public to enjoy. Connect Florida, a group of young professionals that strives to make a positive impact on Florida, will host a night of networking with Arts for Learning, Flagler Street Society, Friends of the Gusman and Zoetic Stage so the community can learn more about local arts charities that are directly affected by the squeeze in state funding. There will be an open bar cocktail reception and a silent auction as well. The cost is a $20 donation. This is a great chance to support the arts in South Florida and put back a few cocktails.
Friday, August 6 from 10 p.m. till midnight at Louis, 2325 Collins Avenue,Miami Beach; email@example.com
See and Do
- Egg hunts, Dr. Seuss’s Bday, Legos & Pirates: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 2-8
- Richard Lewis takes the stage at Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 27-March 1
- Miami Events - March 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015