Got Volunteerism for the Arts?
Learn about local arts organizations that are feeling the squeeze at this networking event hosted by Connect Florida.
Friday, August 6 from 10 p.m. till midnight
Louis, 2325 Collins Avenue,Miami Beach; email@example.com
A study conducted by the National Association of State Arts Agencies showed that in 2006, Florida's financial support of arts was ranked second in the country. This year it has fallen to 49th place in per capita spending for the arts, thanks to a 92 percent cut in state spending -- from over $30 million to less than $1 million.
What that means for Florida is less funding for arts projects and less culture for the general public to enjoy. Connect Florida, a group of young professionals that strives to make a positive impact on Florida, will host a night of networking with Arts for Learning, Flagler Street Society, Friends of the Gusman and Zoetic Stage so the community can learn more about local arts charities that are directly affected by the squeeze in state funding. There will be an open bar cocktail reception and a silent auction as well. The cost is a $20 donation. This is a great chance to support the arts in South Florida and put back a few cocktails.
Friday, August 6 from 10 p.m. till midnight at Louis, 2325 Collins Avenue,Miami Beach; firstname.lastname@example.org
See and Do
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 3-5
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- 10 Things to Do on July 4
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino