Goodbye Joe Allen
It’s a sad day for Miami Beach diners - Joe Allen has closed
It’s a sad day for Miami Beach diners. Longtime local favorite Joe Allen served its last meal yesterday (Monday, May 2). The restaurant has closed because operating it isn’t “financially feasible” anymore. Joe Allen has no plans to move to a new location, but its New York, London & Paris restaurants will remain intact. The restaurant opened on Purdy Avenue in 1998 and has been a longtime treasure for neighbors, visitors, grandparents, singles, couples, gay, straight, old, young and everyone in between. We’ll miss its pizza bread, its bacon cheeseburger, its La Scala salad and, perhaps most of all, it’s ambience.
1787 Purdy Ave, Miami Beach
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef