Goodbye Joe Allen
It’s a sad day for Miami Beach diners - Joe Allen has closed
1787 Purdy Ave, Miami Beach
It’s a sad day for Miami Beach diners. Longtime local favorite Joe Allen served its last meal yesterday (Monday, May 2). The restaurant has closed because operating it isn’t “financially feasible” anymore. Joe Allen has no plans to move to a new location, but its New York, London & Paris restaurants will remain intact. The restaurant opened on Purdy Avenue in 1998 and has been a longtime treasure for neighbors, visitors, grandparents, singles, couples, gay, straight, old, young and everyone in between. We’ll miss its pizza bread, its bacon cheeseburger, its La Scala salad and, perhaps most of all, it’s ambience.
- The List: Corsair's Scott Conant
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Christmas and NYE 2014: A Holiday Dining Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon