Goodbye Joe Allen
It’s a sad day for Miami Beach diners - Joe Allen has closed
1787 Purdy Ave, Miami Beach
It’s a sad day for Miami Beach diners. Longtime local favorite Joe Allen served its last meal yesterday (Monday, May 2). The restaurant has closed because operating it isn’t “financially feasible” anymore. Joe Allen has no plans to move to a new location, but its New York, London & Paris restaurants will remain intact. The restaurant opened on Purdy Avenue in 1998 and has been a longtime treasure for neighbors, visitors, grandparents, singles, couples, gay, straight, old, young and everyone in between. We’ll miss its pizza bread, its bacon cheeseburger, its La Scala salad and, perhaps most of all, it’s ambience.
- Slow Food's Ark of Taste at Paraiso Bay
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin
- Miami Beach's Macchialina to open in Asheville
- Fresh American Bistro debuts in Sunny Isles
- The List: Seagrape's Michelle Bernstein
- Pubbelly and Wynwood Brewing Co. to open restaurant, beer bar on cruise ship
- Are these the best restaurants in South Florida?
- La Nuit en Rosé wine festival coming to Miami Beach Edition
- Miami's 15 most anticipated restaurants of 2015
- The List: 50 Eggs' John Kunkel