Goodbye Joe Allen
It’s a sad day for Miami Beach diners - Joe Allen has closed
1787 Purdy Ave, Miami Beach
It’s a sad day for Miami Beach diners. Longtime local favorite Joe Allen served its last meal yesterday (Monday, May 2). The restaurant has closed because operating it isn’t “financially feasible” anymore. Joe Allen has no plans to move to a new location, but its New York, London & Paris restaurants will remain intact. The restaurant opened on Purdy Avenue in 1998 and has been a longtime treasure for neighbors, visitors, grandparents, singles, couples, gay, straight, old, young and everyone in between. We’ll miss its pizza bread, its bacon cheeseburger, its La Scala salad and, perhaps most of all, it’s ambience.
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami