Goodbye Joe Allen
It’s a sad day for Miami Beach diners - Joe Allen has closed
It’s a sad day for Miami Beach diners. Longtime local favorite Joe Allen served its last meal yesterday (Monday, May 2). The restaurant has closed because operating it isn’t “financially feasible” anymore. Joe Allen has no plans to move to a new location, but its New York, London & Paris restaurants will remain intact. The restaurant opened on Purdy Avenue in 1998 and has been a longtime treasure for neighbors, visitors, grandparents, singles, couples, gay, straight, old, young and everyone in between. We’ll miss its pizza bread, its bacon cheeseburger, its La Scala salad and, perhaps most of all, it’s ambience.
1787 Purdy Ave, Miami Beach
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- What Zika? Governor visits Wynwood to promote dining event
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week