Goldstein Prime Kosher Market & Deli serves Jewish soul food on Miami Beach
Jewish soul food at a Collins Avenue deli
Goldstein Prime Kosher Market & Deli
7419 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
Hours: 8am-6pm Monday-Thursday, 7am-4:30pm Friday, 8am-2pm Sunday
Prices: Soup $6.99-$7.99, sandwiches $8.95-$12.95, salads and hot foods $5.89-$24.95 per pound
FYI: Catering available
Brian Goldstein learned how to saw bones on whizzing blades from his dad, and now he runs Goldstein Prime, a kosher butcher shop, market and deli.
The counter stretches the length of the shop filled with roasted meats, sides, and salads. Customers can choose a steak or fillet of Scottish salmon from the meat case in back and have it grilled to order. The market section stocks everything from pineapples to pickled herring.
Brian co-owns the place with his father, Joe, who got tired of shoveling snow and moved the family from Long Island to South Florida when Brian was a teen. They moved into the new, larger shop down the street four years ago. Chef Herzl Notice roasts the meats and makes the meatloaf, meatballs (plain or sweet and sour), stuffed cabbage, brisket, barbecued chicken, pickled tongue and breaded veal cutlets.
Put together an appetizing platter of sliced brisket, roast beef, house-made lox, roast turkey breast, corned beef and pastrami with pickle spears and olives, and eat at a table by the front window.
Hefty sandwiches on kaiser rolls come with a choice of sides including chopped liver, matzo balls, egg salad, creamy potato salad with bell peppers, vinegar-marinated cucumbers, kasha with bow-tie pasta, pearl couscous with mushrooms, tzimmes (stewed carrots and prunes with honey and cinnamon), coleslaw, beet salad, potato pancakes, tabbouleh, three-bean salad, and kreplach (meat stuffed dumplings).
The shop also makes gefilte fish, sweet noodle kugel, chicken pot pies and soups (chicken, split pea, lentil, barley), sold by the quart to take home. Just heat and eat.
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets