Goldstein Prime Kosher Market & Deli serves Jewish soul food on Miami Beach
Jewish soul food at a Collins Avenue deli
Goldstein Prime Kosher Market & Deli
7419 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
Hours: 8am-6pm Monday-Thursday, 7am-4:30pm Friday, 8am-2pm Sunday
Prices: Soup $6.99-$7.99, sandwiches $8.95-$12.95, salads and hot foods $5.89-$24.95 per pound
FYI: Catering available
Brian Goldstein learned how to saw bones on whizzing blades from his dad, and now he runs Goldstein Prime, a kosher butcher shop, market and deli.
The counter stretches the length of the shop filled with roasted meats, sides, and salads. Customers can choose a steak or fillet of Scottish salmon from the meat case in back and have it grilled to order. The market section stocks everything from pineapples to pickled herring.
Brian co-owns the place with his father, Joe, who got tired of shoveling snow and moved the family from Long Island to South Florida when Brian was a teen. They moved into the new, larger shop down the street four years ago. Chef Herzl Notice roasts the meats and makes the meatloaf, meatballs (plain or sweet and sour), stuffed cabbage, brisket, barbecued chicken, pickled tongue and breaded veal cutlets.
Put together an appetizing platter of sliced brisket, roast beef, house-made lox, roast turkey breast, corned beef and pastrami with pickle spears and olives, and eat at a table by the front window.
Hefty sandwiches on kaiser rolls come with a choice of sides including chopped liver, matzo balls, egg salad, creamy potato salad with bell peppers, vinegar-marinated cucumbers, kasha with bow-tie pasta, pearl couscous with mushrooms, tzimmes (stewed carrots and prunes with honey and cinnamon), coleslaw, beet salad, potato pancakes, tabbouleh, three-bean salad, and kreplach (meat stuffed dumplings).
The shop also makes gefilte fish, sweet noodle kugel, chicken pot pies and soups (chicken, split pea, lentil, barley), sold by the quart to take home. Just heat and eat.
- Win VIP access for The Do-Over Miami on Sunday, August 9!
- Go Drink This: Bari
- Rok Brgr Block Party, Beverly Hills Cafe 2.0, Pisco Hour, Dive-In Movies
- Go Drink This: Mojito Illegal
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice set to bring frosty fun to Miami nightlife
- The 10 Must-Have Cocktails in Miami this Summer
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Toscana Divino in Brickell
- Sunset Swim, Bacchanal at Bagatelle, see J Alvarez for free, beer & clay at the Wolfsonian & free Wapo Tacos!
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Freedom's just another word for an excuse to booze, plus a dinner and drag show!