Take a peep at the Gold Saturn fashion show this Wednesday at LIV.
Sequin shorts? Check. Fishnet stockings and killer tees? Check, check. Turbans too? Yes, they’ll all be at fashion designer David Jon Acosta’s Gold Saturn “Peep Show” on October 21 at 11:00 p.m. at LIV nightclub. “Revelers can expect a very chic and sexy show — something fun with a lot of energy. It’s going to be sweet like candy,” the 24-year-old designer says.
The Miamian-by-way-of-New-Jersey attended Saint Brendan High School followed by the Miami International University of Art & Design where he cultivated a passion for fashion and graphic design.
For the past two years, Acosta’s been bustling at the helm of his ready-to-wear label which he describes as, “Season-less tees, tanks, dresses and sweatshirts for those who want to get out of bed and look effortlessly chic.” And the buck doesn’t stop at clothing. “Basically, everything that I need is what I want to create. I've been dying for a huge beach blanket, so I'm thinking of having one made with one of my graphics on it. It's a process, but I definitely want Gold Saturn to be a lifestyle line in the end,” Acosta says.
For Wednesday night’s show, Acosta drew influence from Parisian boogie nights. “I thought of the idea of an underground Paris disco and the type of girls that would take over the place and then go back to their room and keep the party going.” Ooh la la, a collection that’s the perfect fit for the Miami glamour girl.
ACOSTA SPILLS IT...
Movie: Mamma Mia
Book: Influence by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
Beauty booty: Kiehl’s Original Musk
Escape: Key West
Wouldn't be caught dead without: Vintage Oleg Cassini watch —"I feel naked without it," he says.
Fashion Peep Show by Gold Saturn
Wednesday, October 21 at 11 p.m.
LIV at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- H&M Launches Coachella Collection
- 7 things you didn't know about designer Rachel Roy & her first book, "Design Your Life"
- 6 Spring 2016 Trends You Need To Try Now
- Like Father, Like Son: Le Club Swimwear
- Dadeland Mall Announces New Stores and Store Expansions
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Midtown
- H&M Opening Another South Florida Store
- Diane von Furstenberg to Visit Books & Books and Aventura Mall