Go Dutch: Andrew Carmellini (finally!) arrives on SoBe
W South Beach Hotel & Residences, 2201 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
Go Dutch – one of SoBe’s most anticipated new restaurants is (finally) opening its doors Monday, Nov 14. New York restaurateurs chef Andrew Carmellini, Josh Pickard and Luke Ostrom (Locanda Verde, The Dutch Manhattan) are partnering with Miami impresarios Karim Masri and Nicola Siervo (Quattro, Sosta) to bring The Dutch to South Beach.
Look for an eclectic seafood-heavy menu inspired by Carmellini’s family road trips to Miami, where his grandfather once ran The Surf Club. The menu is divided into snack, appetizer and seconds sections and features little oyster sandwiches (pictured), Asian white boy ribs, steak tartare, blue crab pizza, Florida red snapper and a “From the Oyster Room” section loaded with east and west coast oysters, stone crab and American caviar.
First Look & reports from the field coming soon - in the meantime, happy feasting!
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Restaurant closures: 1826 in Miami Beach, Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie
- Barley to open a second Dadeland restaurant in Kendall