Go Drink This: The Social Club's The Retired Explorer
Cataloging Miami's must-have cocktails...
GO DRINK THIS
The drink: The Retired Explorer by Chad Phillips
The price: $13
The story: As you return from your summer excursions -- near or far -- consider a reward for stepping outside of the ol' sand box. After all, "not all who wander are lost" and Chad Phillips at The Social Club in South Beach has an exotic cocktail to celebrate your adventurous side. The head bartender was inspired by flavors from Spain, Mexico, South America and the Caribbean when he crafted "The Retired Explorer." Spanish Cardenal Mendoza Brandy is enhanced by Kalani Coconut Liqueur from Mexico, fresh pressed pineapple juice, and house-made espresso syrup. He shakes the ingredients before serving in an Irish Coffee glass with a couple dashes of Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate Bitters (made with cacao beans, peppers and spices) for what he says is "a great libation to enjoy as you retire for the evening."
Where to find it: The Social Club at the Surfcomber Hotel South Beach, 1717 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015
- Go Drink This: Gas Me Up Punch
- Get your bourbon on at Shula's 347 Grill December 8
- Go Drink This: Dirty Pickle
- Go Drink This: Clicquot Rich and Peppers