Go Drink This: The Social Club's The Retired Explorer
Cataloging Miami's must-have cocktails...
GO DRINK THIS
The drink: The Retired Explorer by Chad Phillips
The price: $13
The story: As you return from your summer excursions -- near or far -- consider a reward for stepping outside of the ol' sand box. After all, "not all who wander are lost" and Chad Phillips at The Social Club in South Beach has an exotic cocktail to celebrate your adventurous side. The head bartender was inspired by flavors from Spain, Mexico, South America and the Caribbean when he crafted "The Retired Explorer." Spanish Cardenal Mendoza Brandy is enhanced by Kalani Coconut Liqueur from Mexico, fresh pressed pineapple juice, and house-made espresso syrup. He shakes the ingredients before serving in an Irish Coffee glass with a couple dashes of Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate Bitters (made with cacao beans, peppers and spices) for what he says is "a great libation to enjoy as you retire for the evening."
Where to find it: The Social Club at the Surfcomber Hotel South Beach, 1717 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Go Drink This: Espumita Cocktail
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Katsuya in Miami Beach
- Go Drink This: Ortanique Bacardi Mojito
- Señor Frogs Giving Away Free Yard Drinks for a Year
- Go Drink This: Bombay Sapphire Negroni
- Go Drink This: Passion Fruit Cilantro Caipirinha
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz