Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
Cataloging Miami's must-have cocktails...
GO DRINK THIS
The drink: Katsuya Fresh
The price: $16
The story: The "Katsuya Fresh" is a member of a small group of signature cocktails on Katsuya's permanent menu at every location. In South Beach, it's praised for the ease with which it refreshes and pairs with sashimi and nigiri. The Fresh was created by the brand's original mixologist Portland-based Ryan Magarian, who's recognized as one of America's best bartenders and has since gone on to produce Aviation American Gin. In this cocktail, however, the base spirit is vodka and a Japanese twist comes from premium Junmai Daiginjo made by Rock Saké. Hand-crushed English cucumbers (the cucumber's more expensive sister without wax) and freshly squeezed lime juice finish the martini's light and balanced flavor profile. As you sit in the airy Art Deco-turned-mod dining room, formerly a ballroom built in 1939, enjoy how the Fresh accents the delicate pieces of fish without overpowering the nuances Katsuya wants you to experience.
Where to find it: Katsuya at the SLS Hotel, 1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar
- Wunderbar at Circa 39 charms with global cocktails and flavors in Mid-Beach
- Go Drink This: Coquito
- Handcrafted Holiday Martinis: Give the Gift of Elegance at Home
- Go Drink This: Paint Your Own Negroni
- Go Drink This: Gin Punch