Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
Cataloging Miami's must-have cocktails...
GO DRINK THIS
The drink: The Alluring Gem by Philip Khandehrish
The price: $16
The story: This week, Philip Khandehrish of The Setai was crowned the Miami finalist in the national Bombay Sapphire Most Imaginative Bartender Competition hosted by the United States Bartenders' Guild. His elegant cocktail, "The Alluring Gem," enhances the complexity of the London dry gin by focusing on a few of its botanicals such as Angelina, coriander and juniper. He used these botanicals to make a shrub (a drinking vinegar, of sorts) in which all are macerated with sugar and boiled with vinegar (in this case raspberry vinegar). Khandehrish also infused Martini Bianco (sweet-scented vermouth) with fresh lavender to add a layer of delicacy to the flavor profile. The ingredients are shaken and strained in to a specialty glass and garnished with a singular raspberry. This award-winning cocktail will officially be available on The Setai's menu this fall. For now, guests can order it as a special.
Where to find it: The Setai, 2001 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day
- Could this be the best wine bar on Calle Ocho in Miami?
- 5 best ladies nights in Fort Lauderdale
- These are the best places for a fun ladies night on Miami Beach
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day
- Where to bar hop on Miami Beach without leaving the hotel
- 5 New Bars in Miami You Must Visit this Weekend
- 5 way to get your drink on without breaking the bank this weekend
- Is this hidden garden lounge Brickell's best kept secret?
- Sip your way to a happy Independence Day with these cocktail recipes