Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
Cataloging Miami's must-have cocktails...
GO DRINK THIS
The drink: The Alluring Gem by Philip Khandehrish
The price: $16
The story: This week, Philip Khandehrish of The Setai was crowned the Miami finalist in the national Bombay Sapphire Most Imaginative Bartender Competition hosted by the United States Bartenders' Guild. His elegant cocktail, "The Alluring Gem," enhances the complexity of the London dry gin by focusing on a few of its botanicals such as Angelina, coriander and juniper. He used these botanicals to make a shrub (a drinking vinegar, of sorts) in which all are macerated with sugar and boiled with vinegar (in this case raspberry vinegar). Khandehrish also infused Martini Bianco (sweet-scented vermouth) with fresh lavender to add a layer of delicacy to the flavor profile. The ingredients are shaken and strained in to a specialty glass and garnished with a singular raspberry. This award-winning cocktail will officially be available on The Setai's menu this fall. For now, guests can order it as a special.
Where to find it: The Setai, 2001 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Miami bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space
- Go Drink This: The Social Club's The Retired Explorer