Gloria Estefan's new show 'The Next' premieres on the CW
Moves in with showbiz wannabes
Gloria Estefan doesn't like to stay idle for long. The Conga queen is costarring in the CW reality series “The Next” 9 p.m. Thursday.
Think of it as part singing competition and part Real World. Other entertainers featured are Celebrity Apprentice winner John Rich, Joe Jonas, and rapper Nelly. The stars move in with the chosen contenders and help mentor them up close and personally.
Gloria even gets to mow a lawn, she told TVGuide.com!
And husband Emilio is doing things of his own. The mega producer has partnered with 20th Television to executive produce a Latino-themed drama series.
A statement reads: "Emilio Estefan's eye for talent, taste in material and brilliant creative instincts have made him one of the most accomplished producers of our times, and we are excited to be in business with him. Reaching out to all audiences, including the Latino audience, is a critical priority for this studio as we look for that next big international hit.
"Emilio has a vision for a dramatic series that combines great storytelling with an authenticity in terms of Latino culture that we think every network will want on their schedule. We can’t wait to begin the development process with him."
OK so we have to agree - we're kind of partial to locals.
On Our Radar
- Paris Hilton to DJ Saturday night at WALL
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters