Gloria Estefan's new show 'The Next' premieres on the CW
Moves in with showbiz wannabes
Gloria Estefan doesn't like to stay idle for long. The Conga queen is costarring in the CW reality series “The Next” 9 p.m. Thursday.
Think of it as part singing competition and part Real World. Other entertainers featured are Celebrity Apprentice winner John Rich, Joe Jonas, and rapper Nelly. The stars move in with the chosen contenders and help mentor them up close and personally.
Gloria even gets to mow a lawn, she told TVGuide.com!
And husband Emilio is doing things of his own. The mega producer has partnered with 20th Television to executive produce a Latino-themed drama series.
A statement reads: "Emilio Estefan's eye for talent, taste in material and brilliant creative instincts have made him one of the most accomplished producers of our times, and we are excited to be in business with him. Reaching out to all audiences, including the Latino audience, is a critical priority for this studio as we look for that next big international hit.
"Emilio has a vision for a dramatic series that combines great storytelling with an authenticity in terms of Latino culture that we think every network will want on their schedule. We can’t wait to begin the development process with him."
OK so we have to agree - we're kind of partial to locals.
On Our Radar
- Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather at Heat game
- Jookin with Lil Buck in Miami
- Glamorous red carpet for Miss Universe
- Christian Slater shows up at party
- Shaq: from basketball to law enforcement
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance