Gloria Estefan's narrow escape
After lock wouldn't budge in her suite, she climbed out a window
Gloria Estefan acted more like a death defying acrobat than an international singer Sunday night.
At the Dolphins game, the Miamian, 53, was all set to introduce Enrique Iglesias during the halftime show at Sun Life Stadium. But there was one problem: the door to her 300- level suite wouldn't budge. Security guards, firefighters and even a locksmith tried unsuccessfully to spring her.
So Estefan went into warrior mode, kicking off her green Yves Saint-Laurent pumps and climbing out the window into the suite next door. In the picture sent to The Miami Herald, you can see Gloria being helped across the ledge, without a life line or any harness whatso- ever. ‘‘Scary!'' said her publicist David Naranjo.
On Our Radar
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market
- Owen Wilson: I heart Miami
- Kim Bokamper to retire
- A Quick Q&A with Speedster Usain Bolt