Gloria Estefan's narrow escape
After lock wouldn't budge in her suite, she climbed out a window
Gloria Estefan acted more like a death defying acrobat than an international singer Sunday night.
At the Dolphins game, the Miamian, 53, was all set to introduce Enrique Iglesias during the halftime show at Sun Life Stadium. But there was one problem: the door to her 300- level suite wouldn't budge. Security guards, firefighters and even a locksmith tried unsuccessfully to spring her.
So Estefan went into warrior mode, kicking off her green Yves Saint-Laurent pumps and climbing out the window into the suite next door. In the picture sent to The Miami Herald, you can see Gloria being helped across the ledge, without a life line or any harness whatso- ever. ‘‘Scary!'' said her publicist David Naranjo.
On Our Radar
- Telenovela hunk William Levy hits the big screen
- Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
- Supermodel Nina Agdal to make in store appearance
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest