Giving advice on the modeling industry
He's a pro
Brad Cozza has come a long way from his teeny, frequently chilly hometown of West Warwick, Rhode Island. The 33-year-old former model has turned his passion for posing into a full-fledged career. The photogenic Florida Gulf Coast University alum was scouted soon after graduation and went on to do shoots for Tommy Hilfiger Jeans, Perry Ellis, and Macy’s. “It was during this period, that I took an interest in the business side of the industry and learned the pitfalls and successes of it,” said Cozza, who now owns Evolution Model Management. What pitfalls, exactly? “It’s the only industry that tardiness and flakiness is embraced and accepted as the norm,” he said with an exasperated laugh. “So-called Miami time is to show up two hours after call time, and it won’t be out of the ordinary if someone would say, ‘Why are you here early?’ ”
But Cozza wouldn’t want to be doing anything else, though he does a little more than dabble in real estate. He’s also a partner in HaVen Lounge on Lincoln Road.
“The best aspect of this business is the beauty that the finished product creates. The collaborative effort between the model, photographer, stylist, hair and makeup artist all working in concert with one another is definitely a sight to see.”
Age brings wisdom, and Cozza wants to share what he has learned all the way to wannabe supermodels.
“Treat it like a business,” he advises. “As elementary as that sounds, the glitz and glamour provide a lot of distractions and can derail a person’s focus. Only a small portion make it to the top.”
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika