Giving advice on the modeling industry
He's a pro
Brad Cozza has come a long way from his teeny, frequently chilly hometown of West Warwick, Rhode Island. The 33-year-old former model has turned his passion for posing into a full-fledged career. The photogenic Florida Gulf Coast University alum was scouted soon after graduation and went on to do shoots for Tommy Hilfiger Jeans, Perry Ellis, and Macy’s. “It was during this period, that I took an interest in the business side of the industry and learned the pitfalls and successes of it,” said Cozza, who now owns Evolution Model Management. What pitfalls, exactly? “It’s the only industry that tardiness and flakiness is embraced and accepted as the norm,” he said with an exasperated laugh. “So-called Miami time is to show up two hours after call time, and it won’t be out of the ordinary if someone would say, ‘Why are you here early?’ ”
But Cozza wouldn’t want to be doing anything else, though he does a little more than dabble in real estate. He’s also a partner in HaVen Lounge on Lincoln Road.
“The best aspect of this business is the beauty that the finished product creates. The collaborative effort between the model, photographer, stylist, hair and makeup artist all working in concert with one another is definitely a sight to see.”
Age brings wisdom, and Cozza wants to share what he has learned all the way to wannabe supermodels.
“Treat it like a business,” he advises. “As elementary as that sounds, the glitz and glamour provide a lot of distractions and can derail a person’s focus. Only a small portion make it to the top.”
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/25/4303639/former-poser-brad-cozza-now-manages.html#storylink=cpy
On Our Radar
- Ivanka Trump, on fashion, work, motherhood, Miami
- Giant un-retouched selfie at The Mondrian
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event