Giving advice on the modeling industry
He's a pro
Brad Cozza has come a long way from his teeny, frequently chilly hometown of West Warwick, Rhode Island. The 33-year-old former model has turned his passion for posing into a full-fledged career. The photogenic Florida Gulf Coast University alum was scouted soon after graduation and went on to do shoots for Tommy Hilfiger Jeans, Perry Ellis, and Macy’s. “It was during this period, that I took an interest in the business side of the industry and learned the pitfalls and successes of it,” said Cozza, who now owns Evolution Model Management. What pitfalls, exactly? “It’s the only industry that tardiness and flakiness is embraced and accepted as the norm,” he said with an exasperated laugh. “So-called Miami time is to show up two hours after call time, and it won’t be out of the ordinary if someone would say, ‘Why are you here early?’ ”
But Cozza wouldn’t want to be doing anything else, though he does a little more than dabble in real estate. He’s also a partner in HaVen Lounge on Lincoln Road.
“The best aspect of this business is the beauty that the finished product creates. The collaborative effort between the model, photographer, stylist, hair and makeup artist all working in concert with one another is definitely a sight to see.”
Age brings wisdom, and Cozza wants to share what he has learned all the way to wannabe supermodels.
“Treat it like a business,” he advises. “As elementary as that sounds, the glitz and glamour provide a lot of distractions and can derail a person’s focus. Only a small portion make it to the top.”
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/25/4303639/former-poser-brad-cozza-now-manages.html#storylink=cpy
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'