Giuliana's got the gift of gab
She'll tell you how to be fabulous
Meet Giuliana 5:30- 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Bloomingdale's Aventura, Y.E.S Department, Level 2.
Giuliana Rancic has the gift of gab -- perfect for her job as cohost of E! News. The Italian-born, Washington, D.C.-raised journalist, 36, is in town doing what she does best -- chatting -- with all her fans, especially those who need career advice. Thursday night's event at Blooming- dale's Aventura, Girlfriends Giving Goodness, is ideal for women who are trying to find a job in our dismal economy. The party is partially sponsored by Dress for Success and Tropicana's latest, lower-cal juice, Trop 50. Among the topics Rancic and Dress for Success CEO Joi Gordon will discuss are interview tips.
"I just got a Tweet from someone who asked me if she should go to an interview with a horrible cold," Rancic recounts. "I told her to explain you have a cold and say, ‘I'd rather not shake hands, I don't want to get you sick.' It shows you came anyway, and you're considerate."
Hopefully, Rancic isn't under the weather. She's been undergoing (on camera) IVF treatments and travels constantly from L.A. to Chicago for her Style Network reality show, Giuliana & Bill, chronicling her marriage to the first Apprentice winner Bill Rancic. Plus, awards season kicked off with the Golden Globes Sunday, and more red car- pets await.
She's OK with her load -- so far. "When you're doing what you love it's so much easier," she says. "If you're working con- struction on a freeway, that's work. Sure, you've got to be on top of your game, but at the end of the day this is pretty incredible."
On Our Radar
- Thalia to appear at Macy's
- Hillary Clinton joins Marc Anthony on stage
- Scott Disick spotted with new ladyfriend in Miami Beach
- David Cassidy cited after car crash
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference
- Shaq to host Barry University bash
- Cindy Crawford in town for new book
- Miami Marlins VIPs focus on wellness