Giuliana's got the gift of gab
She'll tell you how to be fabulous
Meet Giuliana 5:30- 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Bloomingdale's Aventura, Y.E.S Department, Level 2.
Giuliana Rancic has the gift of gab -- perfect for her job as cohost of E! News. The Italian-born, Washington, D.C.-raised journalist, 36, is in town doing what she does best -- chatting -- with all her fans, especially those who need career advice. Thursday night's event at Blooming- dale's Aventura, Girlfriends Giving Goodness, is ideal for women who are trying to find a job in our dismal economy. The party is partially sponsored by Dress for Success and Tropicana's latest, lower-cal juice, Trop 50. Among the topics Rancic and Dress for Success CEO Joi Gordon will discuss are interview tips.
"I just got a Tweet from someone who asked me if she should go to an interview with a horrible cold," Rancic recounts. "I told her to explain you have a cold and say, ‘I'd rather not shake hands, I don't want to get you sick.' It shows you came anyway, and you're considerate."
Hopefully, Rancic isn't under the weather. She's been undergoing (on camera) IVF treatments and travels constantly from L.A. to Chicago for her Style Network reality show, Giuliana & Bill, chronicling her marriage to the first Apprentice winner Bill Rancic. Plus, awards season kicked off with the Golden Globes Sunday, and more red car- pets await.
She's OK with her load -- so far. "When you're doing what you love it's so much easier," she says. "If you're working con- struction on a freeway, that's work. Sure, you've got to be on top of your game, but at the end of the day this is pretty incredible."
On Our Radar
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance
- Justin Bieber misses another hearing
- Local attorney helps Linda Hogan
- Geraldine Chaplin to make rare appearance
- Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model Nina Agdal shares exercise tips for the new year
- Rick Ross gets Miami Heat tattoo on his face