Giuliana Rancic wants to help you find a job
Giuliana Rancic has the gift of gab -- perfect for her job as cohost of E! News. The Italian-born, Washington, D.C.-raised journalist, 36, is in town doing what she does best -- chatting -- with...
Giuliana Rancic has the gift of gab -- perfect for her job as cohost of E! News.
Thursday night's event at Bloomingdale's Aventura, Girlfriends Giving Goodness, is ideal for women who are trying to find a job in our dismal economy. The party is partly sponsored by Dress for Success and Tropicana's latest, lower-cal juice, Trop 50.
Among the topics Rancic and Dress for Success CEO Joi Gordon will discuss are interview tips.
``I just got a Tweet from someone who asked me if she should go to an interview with a horrible cold,'' Rancic recounts. ``I told her to explain you have a cold and say, `I'd rather not shake hands. I don't want to get you sick.' It shows you came anyway, and you're considerate.''
Hopefully, Rancic isn't under the weather. She's been undergoing (on camera) IVF treatments and travels constantly from L.A. to Chicago for her Style Network reality show, Giuliana & Bill, chronicling her marriage to the first Apprentice winner Bill Rancic.
Plus, awards season kicked off with the Golden Globes Sunday, and more red carpets await.
She's OK with her load -- so far.
``When you're doing what you love it's so much easier,'' she says. ``If you're working construction on a freeway, that's work. Sure, you've got to be on top of your game with all the celebrities and movies, but at the end of the day this is pretty incredible.''
Will there be a season four of G&B?
``Last season was a little on the heavy side; there was so much content there,'' she says of her infertility issues. ``Bill and I are just trying to figure out if it's something we can work into our schedules.''
On Our Radar
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV
- David Beckham's line of swimwear coming to H&M