Giraffas hosts Brutus Burger Bonanza
Winners get $100. Losers get a stomach full of meat — for free.
For those looking to channel your inner Adam Richman, here's one for you:
Giraffas in Doral (9690 NW 41st St.) is hosting its first Brutus Burger Bonanza challenge at 6:30 p.m. on Friday.
Six contestants will have an hour to devour an amped-up version of the Brazilian fast-casual chain's Brutus burger: 2 pounds of ground picanha with lettuce, tomato and mayo on a challah bun.
Easy, right? But wait, there's more.
Each burger also is topped with 12 slices of bacon, six fried eggs, six slices of cheddar and six slices of ham. And you have to down a pound of fries and a large soda.
Winners will get $100. Losers won't have to pay for their pitiful showing.
Think you have what it takes? Sign up for a spot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
- Cantina la Veinte debuts at Icon Brickell July 28
- The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo