Giraffas hosts Brutus Burger Bonanza
Winners get $100. Losers get a stomach full of meat — for free.
For those looking to channel your inner Adam Richman, here's one for you:
Giraffas in Doral (9690 NW 41st St.) is hosting its first Brutus Burger Bonanza challenge at 6:30 p.m. on Friday.
Six contestants will have an hour to devour an amped-up version of the Brazilian fast-casual chain's Brutus burger: 2 pounds of ground picanha with lettuce, tomato and mayo on a challah bun.
Easy, right? But wait, there's more.
Each burger also is topped with 12 slices of bacon, six fried eggs, six slices of cheddar and six slices of ham. And you have to down a pound of fries and a large soda.
Winners will get $100. Losers won't have to pay for their pitiful showing.
Think you have what it takes? Sign up for a spot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour
- Philly diner Green Eggs Cafe opens in Aventura
- New restaurants add to Doral's food options