Gimme A Burger's burgers will have you saying, 'Gimme'
Burger shop in Pembroke Pines and Deerfield Beach infuses its patties with spices.
There is nothing plain about the burgers at Gimme A Burger.
They come on whole wheat or challah buns. Their Certified Angus Beef is ground and infused with herbs and dried red pepper, black pepper and cumin for spicy burgers that pop with flavor. There are also vegetarian options, wings, hot dogs, fries and shakes.
Owner Serhad Oktay is Turkish-American and grew up in Syracuse, New York, where his father was a doctor. He studied finance at Syracuse University and got his MBA at Pace University in Manhattan. He worked for the export department of Oneida tableware, traveling to Africa and the Middle East, stopping in Istanbul when he could to visit his childhood sweetheart, Yasmin.
They married and came to South Florida in 1986 and opened a pastry shop followed by Coho restaurant, both in Boca Raton. After selling the restaurant, they decided to try a fast-casual concept focused on burgers.
Beef fans can try the infused bacon-coffee burger; the Wow burger with cured Turkish sausage, herbs and yogurt sauce; the French burger infused with onions and topped with caramelized onions; the Mediterranean burger with parsley and garlic; or the Steakhouse with steak sauce and mushrooms capped with fried onions and Tabasco.
Other options include the Buffalo Bill burger made with lean bison and the Caribbean turkey burger spiked with jerk spices with pineapple-mango salsa.
For plant-based choices, try the white bean, mushroom, carrot and barley patty or falafel. Besides spicy ketchup or wasabi mayo, add on cheese, bacon, guacamole or a fried egg.
Cool the heat with a chocolate-and-vanilla swirled frozen custard or a frosty mocha shake.
Linda Bladholm is a Miami-based food writer.
Gimme A Burger
2010 N. Flamingo Rd. (Flamingo Falls), Pembroke Pines, and 1200 E. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach
954-241-4799, 954-708-2553; gimmeaburger.com
Hours: Lunch and dinner daily
Prices: Burgers $6.25-$11, wings $8, fries $3, frozen custard $2.50-$3.75
F.Y.I. Beer on draft
- Get fresh pastas and other tastes of Italy at Limoncello Restaurant in Aventura
- 41st Street Deli makes gourmet kosher sandwiches in Miami Beach
- Fornaro cooks Italian food by way of Brazil in Coconut Grove
- Stone crabs with a side of sunset at Monty's in South Beach
- Moreno’s Café captures the spirit of Cuba in Miami Beach
- Ni.Do Caffe in Miami Shores celebrates eating the Italian way
- The hottest Thai food in Miami is on Calle Ocho
- Vegan cuisine is in Full Bloom in Miami Beach
- Jet Runway Café takes off in Fort Lauderdale
- Go all natural at Organic Bites in Miami