Gift Chixx is packed with presents for babies, children, brides, grads and dads. Go, go, go!
The lowdown: Shelly Brodie and Karen Sklawer are two brave chicks. After 31 years of friendship Brodie says, “It is quite unusual that two 50-somethings would start a business venture in uncertain economic times when most stores are closing. We, and all those we are serving, are certainly glad that we did!”
Their recently opened specialty boutique, Gift Chixx, is packed with presents for babies, children, brides, new homes, teachers, grads, dads and anyone else on your get-a-gift list. Think monogrammable spa robes, travel accessories, garment bags, bath wraps, shoe sleeves, aprons and throws. The icing on the cake? Purchases are spiffed up in Gift Chixx’s signature giftwrap.
The ‘hood: Nestled in the heart of Pinecrest, Gift Chixx caters to the Pinecrest, Palmetto Bay and Falls areas. Brodie says, “It’s a very upscale, suburban neighborhood.”
The vibe: Warm and inviting. “There is always music playing, sweets being served and you are always welcomed when you come in. You truly feel at home here,” Brodie says.
The highlights: Gift Chixx carries items from $6 gift enclosure cards to $550 horn serving platters. Brands such as Beatriz Ball, Julia Knight, Swankie Blankie and more are in store. Scoop up children’s monogrammed apron sets ($40), personalized towel wraps ($48) and soaps ($38) and serveware ($148). Let’s just say recipients won’t be re-gifting goodies from here.
The co-owner says: “We truly represent the art of gifting. We offer beautiful items in a welcoming environment with a back-to-basics and personalized approach,” Brodie adds.
8245 SW 124 Street, Pinecrest
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood