Gift Chixx is packed with presents for babies, children, brides, grads and dads. Go, go, go!
8245 SW 124 Street, Pinecrest
The lowdown: Shelly Brodie and Karen Sklawer are two brave chicks. After 31 years of friendship Brodie says, “It is quite unusual that two 50-somethings would start a business venture in uncertain economic times when most stores are closing. We, and all those we are serving, are certainly glad that we did!”
Their recently opened specialty boutique, Gift Chixx, is packed with presents for babies, children, brides, new homes, teachers, grads, dads and anyone else on your get-a-gift list. Think monogrammable spa robes, travel accessories, garment bags, bath wraps, shoe sleeves, aprons and throws. The icing on the cake? Purchases are spiffed up in Gift Chixx’s signature giftwrap.
The ‘hood: Nestled in the heart of Pinecrest, Gift Chixx caters to the Pinecrest, Palmetto Bay and Falls areas. Brodie says, “It’s a very upscale, suburban neighborhood.”
The vibe: Warm and inviting. “There is always music playing, sweets being served and you are always welcomed when you come in. You truly feel at home here,” Brodie says.
The highlights: Gift Chixx carries items from $6 gift enclosure cards to $550 horn serving platters. Brands such as Beatriz Ball, Julia Knight, Swankie Blankie and more are in store. Scoop up children’s monogrammed apron sets ($40), personalized towel wraps ($48) and soaps ($38) and serveware ($148). Let’s just say recipients won’t be re-gifting goodies from here.
The co-owner says: “We truly represent the art of gifting. We offer beautiful items in a welcoming environment with a back-to-basics and personalized approach,” Brodie adds.
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District