GG at LMNT Gallery
Pop art auction featuring work by GG makes art that much more accessible.
Thought you had to snag a seat a Sotheby’s to get in on an art auction? Not so. This Saturday LMNT Gallery (55 NW 36th St., Miami) hosts an auction of works by emerging pop artist Gabriel Gimenez, alias GG.
A different approach to moving work by up-and-comers, but Gimenez says the format works. His first auction took place last month where he sold a dozen paintings and several prints. “It’s more dynamic, people really get to look at the work and after the auction they want to talk to you about it.”
His work will be a pleasant diversion for those who have grown tired of the touchy-feely themes of Romero Britto. GG’s paintings are populated by comic characters that could star on Cartoon Network’s The Regular Show, like the reoccurring Fado, who GG places in scenarios that vary from the mundane to ominous. The event starts at 7 p.m., auction begins at 8:30 p.m. More information at www.lmntartsmiami.com.
See and Do
- Michael Franti & Spearhead headline music and yoga festival
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13