GG at LMNT Gallery
Pop art auction featuring work by GG makes art that much more accessible.
Thought you had to snag a seat a Sotheby’s to get in on an art auction? Not so. This Saturday LMNT Gallery (55 NW 36th St., Miami) hosts an auction of works by emerging pop artist Gabriel Gimenez, alias GG.
A different approach to moving work by up-and-comers, but Gimenez says the format works. His first auction took place last month where he sold a dozen paintings and several prints. “It’s more dynamic, people really get to look at the work and after the auction they want to talk to you about it.”
His work will be a pleasant diversion for those who have grown tired of the touchy-feely themes of Romero Britto. GG’s paintings are populated by comic characters that could star on Cartoon Network’s The Regular Show, like the reoccurring Fado, who GG places in scenarios that vary from the mundane to ominous. The event starts at 7 p.m., auction begins at 8:30 p.m. More information at www.lmntartsmiami.com.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship