GG at LMNT Gallery
Pop art auction featuring work by GG makes art that much more accessible.
Thought you had to snag a seat a Sotheby’s to get in on an art auction? Not so. This Saturday LMNT Gallery (55 NW 36th St., Miami) hosts an auction of works by emerging pop artist Gabriel Gimenez, alias GG.
A different approach to moving work by up-and-comers, but Gimenez says the format works. His first auction took place last month where he sold a dozen paintings and several prints. “It’s more dynamic, people really get to look at the work and after the auction they want to talk to you about it.”
His work will be a pleasant diversion for those who have grown tired of the touchy-feely themes of Romero Britto. GG’s paintings are populated by comic characters that could star on Cartoon Network’s The Regular Show, like the reoccurring Fado, who GG places in scenarios that vary from the mundane to ominous. The event starts at 7 p.m., auction begins at 8:30 p.m. More information at www.lmntartsmiami.com.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill