GG at LMNT Gallery
Pop art auction featuring work by GG makes art that much more accessible.
Thought you had to snag a seat a Sotheby’s to get in on an art auction? Not so. This Saturday LMNT Gallery (55 NW 36th St., Miami) hosts an auction of works by emerging pop artist Gabriel Gimenez, alias GG.
A different approach to moving work by up-and-comers, but Gimenez says the format works. His first auction took place last month where he sold a dozen paintings and several prints. “It’s more dynamic, people really get to look at the work and after the auction they want to talk to you about it.”
His work will be a pleasant diversion for those who have grown tired of the touchy-feely themes of Romero Britto. GG’s paintings are populated by comic characters that could star on Cartoon Network’s The Regular Show, like the reoccurring Fado, who GG places in scenarios that vary from the mundane to ominous. The event starts at 7 p.m., auction begins at 8:30 p.m. More information at www.lmntartsmiami.com.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15