GG at LMNT Gallery
Pop art auction featuring work by GG makes art that much more accessible.
Thought you had to snag a seat a Sotheby’s to get in on an art auction? Not so. This Saturday LMNT Gallery (55 NW 36th St., Miami) hosts an auction of works by emerging pop artist Gabriel Gimenez, alias GG.
A different approach to moving work by up-and-comers, but Gimenez says the format works. His first auction took place last month where he sold a dozen paintings and several prints. “It’s more dynamic, people really get to look at the work and after the auction they want to talk to you about it.”
His work will be a pleasant diversion for those who have grown tired of the touchy-feely themes of Romero Britto. GG’s paintings are populated by comic characters that could star on Cartoon Network’s The Regular Show, like the reoccurring Fado, who GG places in scenarios that vary from the mundane to ominous. The event starts at 7 p.m., auction begins at 8:30 p.m. More information at www.lmntartsmiami.com.
See and Do
- Flamenco legend Antonio Canales performs with 'Siudy Between Worlds' at the Arsht Center
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos
- Copperbridge festival of Cuban culture in Miami offers engagement with island artists
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’