Getting Real with Lea Black
Talks about the upcoming Bravo show
Getting ‘Real’ with Lea Black The countdown has begun. Only two more days until The Real Housewives of Miami airs. Can’t wait? Gawkers can glimpse the well-coiffed castmates — PR diva Marysol Patton, socialite Lea Black, art curator Adriana Sidi, mag editor Alexia Echevarria and basketball wives Larsa Pippen and Cristy Rice — Monday night at Bravo’s red carpet launch party at the Eden Roc Renaissance hotel.
We are chatting with the ladies one by one, and on a recent conference call, we caught up with 56-year-old philanthropist Black, who met her husband, famed defense attorney Roy Black, when she was a juror on the William Kennedy Smith trial in 1991.
Why did you want to do the show?
At the time I didn’t; at the time I wasn’t sure. And now I think it’s become a phenomenon. I think Bravo has created a pop-culture phenomenon so now I’m happy that I did it. Live life, see what happens, take your chances, go for it.
What kind of drama can we expect?
I wouldn’t say that it’s hair-pulling, table-flipping drama. I would say that it’s a different type of drama, but I think people would be fascinated with the characters. Many of them are very witty, and everybody has their own quirky personalities. It’ll be all about Miami, how fabulous Miami is, the best of Miami. A lot of the best and the worst of all of us.
Is there anyone who can be labeled the b-word? None of the women in this show particularly go out of their way to step on anyone. But if anyone did get stepped on then more likely than not it was someone calling them out on something that perhaps they deserved to be called out on. It certainly was never in a mean way that I thought.
On Our Radar
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out