Men, Get Your Tights On
The Marlins are holding their annual Manatee tryouts this Sunday, January 17th, at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
1 Seminole Way
By Solange Reyner
Men, get your tights on.
The Marlins are holding their annual Manatee tryouts this Sunday, January 17th, at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. There's plenty of perks here if you make the team: a little bit of fanfare, a great workout, a nice view of those hot Mermaid dancers, an even better view of the game (if you're not the girl googling kind), and a chance to be part of something that's one of a kind. The Manatees are an anomaly in Major League Baseball, and are the first ever all-male dance/energy squad in the league.
It all starts at 8 a.m. - 18 & over only.
Want to try out for the Mermaids squad? Ladies - that's also happening on Sunday. Same rules here as far as age is concerned. This audition starts at 11 a.m.
See and Do
- Flamenco legend Antonio Canales performs with 'Siudy Between Worlds' at the Arsht Center
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos
- Copperbridge festival of Cuban culture in Miami offers engagement with island artists