Men, Get Your Tights On
The Marlins are holding their annual Manatee tryouts this Sunday, January 17th, at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
1 Seminole Way
By Solange Reyner
Men, get your tights on.
The Marlins are holding their annual Manatee tryouts this Sunday, January 17th, at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. There's plenty of perks here if you make the team: a little bit of fanfare, a great workout, a nice view of those hot Mermaid dancers, an even better view of the game (if you're not the girl googling kind), and a chance to be part of something that's one of a kind. The Manatees are an anomaly in Major League Baseball, and are the first ever all-male dance/energy squad in the league.
It all starts at 8 a.m. - 18 & over only.
Want to try out for the Mermaids squad? Ladies - that's also happening on Sunday. Same rules here as far as age is concerned. This audition starts at 11 a.m.
See and Do
- Free Halloween events, family theater & 10 picks for the week
- HESS Select South Beach Seafood Festival takes place Saturday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 24-26
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco