Get your car clean and then drive a lap at Homestead-Miami Speedway
Car wash event for charity takes place Friday, Aug. 10
Got a dirty car? Enjoy the need for speed?
Then you're in luck.
Homestead-Miami Speedway and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation have teamed up to host a car wash at the track. And once your car is all shiny, you can take it for a spin on the 1.5 mile track, just like the NASCAR drivers do.
The car wash takes place on Friday, Aug. 10 from noon to 9 p.m. It costs $10 and includes one lap around the track. Additional laps can be purchased for $10 each.
Homestead-Miami Speedway is located at 1 Speedway Boulevard in Homestead. Participants should enter via Gate 18.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails