Get ready for a new Michy's: Michelle Bernstein revamping her signature Miami restaurant
Michy's is re-doing its 'whole look, feel and food.'
After eight years as the Biscayne Corridor's culinary pioneer, Michy's is readying for a revamp and will close for a few weeks this summer for renovations in preparation of a "new and exciting restaurant concept to replace Michy's."
"In the last few weeks leading to that I'll be cooking up all kinds of goodies to celebrate the last eight years of the old Michy's, awaiting the new one," chef-owner Michelle Bernstein told us.
Michy’s will officially close on Saturday, June 28, and will be renovated and turned into a new restaurant by Bernstein and her husband/partner David Martinez that, she says, "will have a whole new look, feel and food," adding "and we are very happy to say Steven Perricone is staying on as our partner, for which we are very grateful!"
“We were open for eight glorious years,” said Bernstein. “We invite all of our friends and patrons to come celebrate with us, not the ending of a great restaurant but the beginning of a new venture, a new start."
“It’s time for us to change the look and feel of the restaurant, and provide our guests with a fresh, new concept,” added Martinez. “We embrace new projects and feel the Michy’s space and our restaurant team deserves something new and exciting.”
In celebration of the many memories serving Miami locals and visitors, Michy’s is bringing back Fried Chicken Wednesdays. Beginning Thursday, May 29 is Chef Michelle Cooks, during which time Bernstein says she will be "cooking off-the-cuff, creating fun new dishes and seasonal inspirations as well as some old favorite throwbacks from the past eight years."
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more