Get ready for a new Michy's: Michelle Bernstein revamping her signature Miami restaurant
Michy's is re-doing its 'whole look, feel and food.'
After eight years as the Biscayne Corridor's culinary pioneer, Michy's is readying for a revamp and will close for a few weeks this summer for renovations in preparation of a "new and exciting restaurant concept to replace Michy's."
"In the last few weeks leading to that I'll be cooking up all kinds of goodies to celebrate the last eight years of the old Michy's, awaiting the new one," chef-owner Michelle Bernstein told us.
Michy’s will officially close on Saturday, June 28, and will be renovated and turned into a new restaurant by Bernstein and her husband/partner David Martinez that, she says, "will have a whole new look, feel and food," adding "and we are very happy to say Steven Perricone is staying on as our partner, for which we are very grateful!"
“We were open for eight glorious years,” said Bernstein. “We invite all of our friends and patrons to come celebrate with us, not the ending of a great restaurant but the beginning of a new venture, a new start."
“It’s time for us to change the look and feel of the restaurant, and provide our guests with a fresh, new concept,” added Martinez. “We embrace new projects and feel the Michy’s space and our restaurant team deserves something new and exciting.”
In celebration of the many memories serving Miami locals and visitors, Michy’s is bringing back Fried Chicken Wednesdays. Beginning Thursday, May 29 is Chef Michelle Cooks, during which time Bernstein says she will be "cooking off-the-cuff, creating fun new dishes and seasonal inspirations as well as some old favorite throwbacks from the past eight years."
6927 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"