South Florida gets its own Copacabana in late September
The legendary New York supper club to set up shop in South Florida in late September.
South Florida will soon have a new hotspot to dance the cha-cha, sing the mambo and catch a live band while dining with friends in a lively atmosphere. The legendary New York supper club, Copacabana, is set to open an outpost in Fort Lauderdale in September to add a little spice to the South Florida nightlife.
The famed New York establishment, known for its animated shows, live music, colorful dancers, and performances by greats like The Temptations, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra to name a few, is set to open in the location previously home to the Laugh Factory Comedy Club. Owners Paul Curry, Jose Sanchez, Alex Sanchez and John Star, had been searching venues in South Florida for over three years before finally deciding on vacant comedy club, stating that the Laugh Factory had the perfect layout to expand the famed Copacabana franchise.
Copacabana, also known as the Copa, will feature a full Latin cuisine tapas and desserts restaurant menu along with nightly live entertainment and music by the 15-piece Copa Band. Once the live music stops, make your way to the dance floor where some of the hottest DJs will keep you on your toes until 4 a.m.
Copacabana is set to open Tuesday through Sunday from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. For more information email to info@ copacabanasupperclub.com. Stay tuned as we get more updates and to find out the exact date of the Grand Opening in late September.
***Update- the countdown is on Copacabana will open Friday, September 14th with special guest, Grammy Nominated, Tomasito Cruz y su Timba Allstars!
- Gallery - Vizcaya Halloween Sundowner 2014
- Beatniks, Art, Disco, More Disco and Strippers - it's not just Halloween, it's Miami!
- Brickell Rum Fest returns with tastings and live music
- Tobacco Road finds new home aboard Norwegian Cruise Line
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull
- Go Drink This: Black Truffle Martini
- Last call at Tobacco Road, free culture @ YoungArts, Pitbull & Enrique after party
- Drink Ilegal Mezcal cocktails at Mansion Nightclub with bartender Virginia King
- A different sort of Bonfire of the Vanities at Conde Contemporary, Sassy City Chicks & a Ritzy beer garden
- Go Drink This: Piña Colada Old Fashioned