Get Fit for Summer
Bikini season is in full swing. Shed those extra pounds, get fit and jumpstart your metabolism before you suit up. Here are some ways to get started.
Since Miami residents will only bathe when the water is jacuzzi hot, bathing suit season is in full swing right now-ish. Are you still struggling to get off a few extra pounds before the next pool party? Here are a few ways to get your fitness on pronto.
SPIKE YOUR WAY TO FITNESS
Have fun in the sun at Equinox's beach volleyball class every Saturday on the sands of South Beach. Andreas Olesen, Equinox instructor and professional beach volleyball player, will guide attendees through the basics and provide inside tips, taking participants through easy-to-follow boot camp drills, partnered training exercises followed by a competitive volleyball match.
Saturdays, 10 a.m. –noon on the beach between 7th and 8th streets. RSVP with Christopher Grys at Christopher.Grys@equinox.com.
Whole Foods Market in Pinecrest and CORPO Yoga Studio have joined forces to help foodies get fit for summer. From June 15 through August 15, customers who spend $100 or more at the Whole Foods Market store in Pinecrest receive a voucher for a free yoga class at CORPO Yoga Studio in Downtown Dadeland. You can downward dog your way into that monokini.
Whole Foods Market – Pinecrest, 11701 South Dixie Highway in Pinecrest.
Flywheel Sports, the indoor cycling sensation, has opened its first South Florida location in Miami Beach. The cycling studio features 45 bikes in curved and tiered amphitheater-style seating and state-of-the-art technology, plus music by an in-house DJ. Celebrity fans including Sofia Vergara, Jimmy Fallon, Katie Couric, Ivanka Trump, Emmy Rossum and more.
Flywheel Sports, 1919 Purdy Ave., Miami; FlyWheelSports.com.
SHED POUNDS WITH A JUICE CLEANSE
Maybe instead of sweating your calories off you need to revamp your eating regimen. One good way to purge your bod of addictions to indulgences like sugar, caffeine, processed carbs, wine and all those other delights that just stick to your midsection, is to give your digestive system a little R and R. The Standard Spa can lead you on a five-day juice cleanse that will flush out the cobwebs with nutricious natural juices, engage your mind with astrological readings and life coaching, and relax your tense body with accupuncture and hamam visits. Most likely you will lose a few pounds, but you definitely won't be craving those foods that make you pork up anymore. The program costs $350.
The Standard Spa, 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach; 305.673.1717 ext 3090.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016