Channel those artistic inclinations at these classes offered by South Florida museums.
Youngsters interested in the art of comics and graphic novels are invited to participate in Comic Kraze @ The Wolf, a free series of workshops to be held at The Wolfsonian-FIU, 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach.
Participants must be between 14 and 17 and must submit five examples of their artwork and an application form signed by a parent. Here are the dates: Workshop 1, Jan. 22 and 29, Feb. 5; Workshop 2, Feb. 19 and. 26, March 5; Workshop 3, March 19 and 26, April 2; Workshop 4, May 14, 21, 28; Workshop 5, June 11, 18, 25.
Info: Claudia Sullivan, 305-535-2684; firstname.lastname@example.org..
The Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami will renew its popular Contemporary Art Boot Camp sessions with chief curator Bonnie Clearwater at 7 p.m. Jan.12 and Feb. 2. The topic for the first session is “Mark Rothko: Tragedy, Ecstasy, Doom.” The second will survey “Art in Germany from 1960 to 1990.” Price is $10 for members; $15 for nonmembers.
Other MOCA happenings include figure-drawing classes for adults of all skill levels. The schedule is 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Jan. 11, 18, 25 (“Painting the Figure in Water Color”): Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22 (“Painting the Figure in Acrylic”) and March 1, 8, 15, 22 (“Creating the Figure in Mixed Media”). Materials are provided, and a nude model is present for each series’ first and third sessions. Cost is $20; nonmembers, $35.
The museum is at 770 NE 125th St. Info: 305-893-6211; mocanomi.org.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 30-Feb. 1
- Marshmallows, free yoga, American Girl crafts & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 23-25
- South Florida stages are hot in January
- Fairchild's International Chocolate Festival returns
- ‘Late Night’ host Seth Meyers goes back to stand up roots in Miami
- Chocolate festivals, family gardening, American Girl & Home Depot: Top picks Jan 20-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 23-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 16-18
- Festival of Chocolate arrives in Miami this weekend