MIA's George Stone Crab pop-up
Claw your way past TSA through May 15
American Airlines North Terminal, Concourse D near Gate 17
Flying American through MIA isn't entirely hideous, at least not for the next two weeks, when the pop-up branch of George Stone Crab at the Prive Gourmet Market sells its last fresh stone crab of the season. The airline friendly Take-N-Go stone crab packages consist of of three or six pounds of large claws packaged in an insulated cooler and accompanied by a wooden mallet, moist wipes and George Stone Crab mustard dipping sauce. The carry-on package is approved for travel and will keep products fresh for up to 48 hours. Once placed in a refrigerator, the claws will keep up to five days, but who's waiting that long to eat 'em? Actually, it's American Airlines. You never know.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.