MIA's George Stone Crab pop-up
Claw your way past TSA through May 15
American Airlines North Terminal, Concourse D near Gate 17
Flying American through MIA isn't entirely hideous, at least not for the next two weeks, when the pop-up branch of George Stone Crab at the Prive Gourmet Market sells its last fresh stone crab of the season. The airline friendly Take-N-Go stone crab packages consist of of three or six pounds of large claws packaged in an insulated cooler and accompanied by a wooden mallet, moist wipes and George Stone Crab mustard dipping sauce. The carry-on package is approved for travel and will keep products fresh for up to 48 hours. Once placed in a refrigerator, the claws will keep up to five days, but who's waiting that long to eat 'em? Actually, it's American Airlines. You never know.
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more
- Giorgio Rapicavoli’s Taperia Raca sold, closed