MIA's George Stone Crab pop-up
Claw your way past TSA through May 15
American Airlines North Terminal, Concourse D near Gate 17
Flying American through MIA isn't entirely hideous, at least not for the next two weeks, when the pop-up branch of George Stone Crab at the Prive Gourmet Market sells its last fresh stone crab of the season. The airline friendly Take-N-Go stone crab packages consist of of three or six pounds of large claws packaged in an insulated cooler and accompanied by a wooden mallet, moist wipes and George Stone Crab mustard dipping sauce. The carry-on package is approved for travel and will keep products fresh for up to 48 hours. Once placed in a refrigerator, the claws will keep up to five days, but who's waiting that long to eat 'em? Actually, it's American Airlines. You never know.
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo