George Lopez coming to town for new book
Talks about turning 50
Mick Jagger said it best: What a drag it is getting old. George Lopez agrees. In I’m Not Gonna Lie: And Other Lies You Tell When You Turn 50 (Celebra), the comedian and former late night host talks about the hallmarks of his first half-century. After living through years of doing stand-up gigs on the road, a bitter divorce and kidney disease, he was ready to leave it all behind and begin a new chapter. Literally. Lopez learns that when you hit the big 5-0, it’s a different scene. “You just say ‘fifty’ and people react like a bad smell just blew in,” he writes. The avid golfer (52), also shares stories about his relationship with a younger woman, visiting a pet psychic, his health struggles and behind-the-scenes antics at Lopez Tonight. Up next for Lopez is an FX Network comedy, Saint George, about a recently divorced Mexican-American entrepreneur. Meet the man in the flesh at 4 p.m. Saturday at Books & Books, Coral Gables.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision