George Lopez coming to town for new book
Talks about turning 50
Mick Jagger said it best: What a drag it is getting old. George Lopez agrees. In I’m Not Gonna Lie: And Other Lies You Tell When You Turn 50 (Celebra), the comedian and former late night host talks about the hallmarks of his first half-century. After living through years of doing stand-up gigs on the road, a bitter divorce and kidney disease, he was ready to leave it all behind and begin a new chapter. Literally. Lopez learns that when you hit the big 5-0, it’s a different scene. “You just say ‘fifty’ and people react like a bad smell just blew in,” he writes. The avid golfer (52), also shares stories about his relationship with a younger woman, visiting a pet psychic, his health struggles and behind-the-scenes antics at Lopez Tonight. Up next for Lopez is an FX Network comedy, Saint George, about a recently divorced Mexican-American entrepreneur. Meet the man in the flesh at 4 p.m. Saturday at Books & Books, Coral Gables.
On Our Radar
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips
- Cristiano Ronaldo spied out in Miami
- Ex Housewife Ana Quincoces fails to win Next Food Network Star