George Lopez coming to town for new book
Talks about turning 50
Mick Jagger said it best: What a drag it is getting old. George Lopez agrees. In I’m Not Gonna Lie: And Other Lies You Tell When You Turn 50 (Celebra), the comedian and former late night host talks about the hallmarks of his first half-century. After living through years of doing stand-up gigs on the road, a bitter divorce and kidney disease, he was ready to leave it all behind and begin a new chapter. Literally. Lopez learns that when you hit the big 5-0, it’s a different scene. “You just say ‘fifty’ and people react like a bad smell just blew in,” he writes. The avid golfer (52), also shares stories about his relationship with a younger woman, visiting a pet psychic, his health struggles and behind-the-scenes antics at Lopez Tonight. Up next for Lopez is an FX Network comedy, Saint George, about a recently divorced Mexican-American entrepreneur. Meet the man in the flesh at 4 p.m. Saturday at Books & Books, Coral Gables.
On Our Radar
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central