George Lopez coming to town for new book
Talks about turning 50
When George Lopez turned 50, he was ready to kiss the first half-century of his life goodbye.
After living through years of doing stand-up on the road, a stressful divorce and kidney disease, he was eager to leave it all behind and begin a new chapter. In his book, I'm Not Gonna Lie, Lopez learns the hard way that when you hit the big 5-0, everything changes.
The comedian invites readers into his world, as he shares the ups and downs of getting older—from his relationship with a much younger woman to a bizarre session with a pet psychic, from behind the scenes of Lopez Tonight to his intimate musings on his favorite pastime—golf. He'll sign copies at 4 p.m. May 11 at Books and Books Coral Gables. Tickets are limited at 305.442.4408.
On Our Radar
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami
- Shireen Sandoval named 'Deco Drive' cohost