George Lopez coming to town for new book
Talks about turning 50
When George Lopez turned 50, he was ready to kiss the first half-century of his life goodbye.
After living through years of doing stand-up on the road, a stressful divorce and kidney disease, he was eager to leave it all behind and begin a new chapter. In his book, I'm Not Gonna Lie, Lopez learns the hard way that when you hit the big 5-0, everything changes.
The comedian invites readers into his world, as he shares the ups and downs of getting older—from his relationship with a much younger woman to a bizarre session with a pet psychic, from behind the scenes of Lopez Tonight to his intimate musings on his favorite pastime—golf. He'll sign copies at 4 p.m. May 11 at Books and Books Coral Gables. Tickets are limited at 305.442.4408.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how