George Lopez coming to town for new book
Talks about turning 50
When George Lopez turned 50, he was ready to kiss the first half-century of his life goodbye.
After living through years of doing stand-up on the road, a stressful divorce and kidney disease, he was eager to leave it all behind and begin a new chapter. In his book, I'm Not Gonna Lie, Lopez learns the hard way that when you hit the big 5-0, everything changes.
The comedian invites readers into his world, as he shares the ups and downs of getting older—from his relationship with a much younger woman to a bizarre session with a pet psychic, from behind the scenes of Lopez Tonight to his intimate musings on his favorite pastime—golf. He'll sign copies at 4 p.m. May 11 at Books and Books Coral Gables. Tickets are limited at 305.442.4408.
On Our Radar
- 'Ballers' star Arlyn Broche: The Rock cracks me up
- Go Topless Day in Miami Beach? Maybe not while we are dealing with Zika
- Superman hunk Henry Cavill spotted in Miami Beach
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!