George Lopez coming to town for new book
Talks about turning 50
When George Lopez turned 50, he was ready to kiss the first half-century of his life goodbye.
After living through years of doing stand-up on the road, a stressful divorce and kidney disease, he was eager to leave it all behind and begin a new chapter. In his book, I'm Not Gonna Lie, Lopez learns the hard way that when you hit the big 5-0, everything changes.
The comedian invites readers into his world, as he shares the ups and downs of getting older—from his relationship with a much younger woman to a bizarre session with a pet psychic, from behind the scenes of Lopez Tonight to his intimate musings on his favorite pastime—golf. He'll sign copies at 4 p.m. May 11 at Books and Books Coral Gables. Tickets are limited at 305.442.4408.
On Our Radar
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit