George Lopez coming to town for new book
Talks about turning 50
When George Lopez turned 50, he was ready to kiss the first half-century of his life goodbye.
After living through years of doing stand-up on the road, a stressful divorce and kidney disease, he was eager to leave it all behind and begin a new chapter. In his book, I'm Not Gonna Lie, Lopez learns the hard way that when you hit the big 5-0, everything changes.
The comedian invites readers into his world, as he shares the ups and downs of getting older—from his relationship with a much younger woman to a bizarre session with a pet psychic, from behind the scenes of Lopez Tonight to his intimate musings on his favorite pastime—golf. He'll sign copies at 4 p.m. May 11 at Books and Books Coral Gables. Tickets are limited at 305.442.4408.
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber settles paparazzo lawsuit
- Sara Bareilles to headline gala
- Boca Raton's Ariana Grande splits from rapper
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade