Michael Schwartz arrives in your kitchen this month
Michael Schwartz arrives in your kitchen this month as the celebrated Miami chef releases his first cookbook, Michael’s Genuine Food: Down-to-Earth Cooking for People Who Love to Eat (Clarkson Potter Publishers, MSRP $35). The beautiful, photo heavy book is organized into 10 sections: snacks; small plates; salads; pizza, pasta & sandwiches; large plates; extra large plates; sides; desserts; drinks; and basics. Emphasis is on local, seasonal ingredients and Michael’s regulars will recognize several of the restaurant’s signature items, including caramelized onion dip, jump lump crab cakes and short ribs with Romesco sauce.
Bonus: celebrate with Schwartz tomorrow night (Sat, Feb 19) as he hosts a book signing & potluck dinner at Books & Books Coral Gables. The free event starts at 7pm
Michael’s Genuine Book Signing & Potluck Party
Books & Books Coral Gables
265 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day
- Who has Miami's favorite fried chicken?
- This local Haitian chef will be on Food Network — again
- A reason for Miami foodies to drive north to Palm Beach