Michael Schwartz arrives in your kitchen this month
Michael Schwartz arrives in your kitchen this month as the celebrated Miami chef releases his first cookbook, Michael’s Genuine Food: Down-to-Earth Cooking for People Who Love to Eat (Clarkson Potter Publishers, MSRP $35). The beautiful, photo heavy book is organized into 10 sections: snacks; small plates; salads; pizza, pasta & sandwiches; large plates; extra large plates; sides; desserts; drinks; and basics. Emphasis is on local, seasonal ingredients and Michael’s regulars will recognize several of the restaurant’s signature items, including caramelized onion dip, jump lump crab cakes and short ribs with Romesco sauce.
Bonus: celebrate with Schwartz tomorrow night (Sat, Feb 19) as he hosts a book signing & potluck dinner at Books & Books Coral Gables. The free event starts at 7pm
Michael’s Genuine Book Signing & Potluck Party
Books & Books Coral Gables
265 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables
- What's that big top in Bayfront Park? A Spanish food feast
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- What Zika? Governor visits Wynwood to promote dining event
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money