Michael Schwartz arrives in your kitchen this month
Michael’s Genuine Book Signing & Potluck Party
Books & Books Coral Gables
265 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables
Michael Schwartz arrives in your kitchen this month as the celebrated Miami chef releases his first cookbook, Michael’s Genuine Food: Down-to-Earth Cooking for People Who Love to Eat (Clarkson Potter Publishers, MSRP $35). The beautiful, photo heavy book is organized into 10 sections: snacks; small plates; salads; pizza, pasta & sandwiches; large plates; extra large plates; sides; desserts; drinks; and basics. Emphasis is on local, seasonal ingredients and Michael’s regulars will recognize several of the restaurant’s signature items, including caramelized onion dip, jump lump crab cakes and short ribs with Romesco sauce.
Bonus: celebrate with Schwartz tomorrow night (Sat, Feb 19) as he hosts a book signing & potluck dinner at Books & Books Coral Gables. The free event starts at 7pm
- The List: Corsair's Scott Conant
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Christmas and NYE 2014: A Holiday Dining Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon