Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce
- Miami's most anticipated restaurants: Where are they now?
- Michelle Bernstein opens Cena by Michy in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Where to Treat Mom for Mother's Day
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo