Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- Celebrate Halloween early at Tongue & Cheek's Saturday brunch
- 'Top Chef' favorite Fabio Viviani gives Miami recipes today, food next month
- Guide to South Florida's October wine and beer dinners
- Michelle Bernstein taps Steven Rojas as Seagrape's chef de cuisine
- Esquire's new restaurant guru is a Miami homeboy
- Alicia Silverstone talks Moby, vegan food and Miami's Seed Festival
- The List: Michael Mina's Miami restaurant picks
- Cvi.Che 105 set to open in South Beach
- 50 Eggs guest chef dinner features Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Michael Mina's Stripsteak opening next month in Fontainebleau Miami Beach