Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour
- Philly diner Green Eggs Cafe opens in Aventura
- New restaurants add to Doral's food options
- Escopazzo closes in South Beach after 21-year run