Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- Doubling down: Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth to open second Miami Beach restaurant
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- 51 restaurants serving Thanksgiving in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Makoto Okuwa
- Giveaway: Win tickets to Savor the Season party in Brickell