Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- Michelle Bernstein's kitchen team comes together at new Michy's
- The List: Miami's best food with Barceloneta's Juliana Gonzalez
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall