Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- Kitchen changes at Miami Beach restaurants The Dutch and Essensia
- Stephen Starr's The Continental opens in Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to BLT Prime chef Dustin Ward
- Klima debuts paella brunch in South Beach
- Oolite closes kitchen amid eviction proceedings from Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to Spiga's Saele Cantoni
- DIRT restaurant to boast clean eating in South Beach
- Gastro moves: GastroPod closes at Aventura Mall, Gastrobar opens in Sunny Isles
- The List: Miami's best bites with Soho Bay's Ricky Sauri
- Jugofresh to open healthy pop-up restaurant in South Beach