Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- Get a free iced coffee at South Florida Dunkin' Donuts on March 9
- Have Brunch in the Garden with Les Dames and top chefs
- Stache hosts bourbon dinner in Fort Lauderdale
- Michael Schwartz to open new Miami Design District café: Ella
- The List: Where Buns & Buns' Alex Zibi eats around Miami
- Tom Colicchio's top chef in Miami has South Florida roots
- The List: BC Tacos' Brett Chiavari
- The List: Valentino's Giovanni Rocchio
- Lime closes in South Beach, BTW opening in its place
- Shikany restaurant in Miami closed until further notice