Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
360 SE 1st St., Miami
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef