Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- Copperbox chef Gabriela Machado returns with 'Paladar' dinner series
- Indulge in a Krug dinner at the Dutch Sept 3
- Miami Spice Mash-Up grand finale
- Brush up on grill skills at BLT Prime this weekend
- Flex your mussels at Bistro BE and Colette
- Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road
- Craft beer dinners bubble up in Miami
- Best Burger in Miami? Zagat says db Bistro Moderne
- National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef
- Nobu celebrates 20 years with $120 omakase menu