Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park
- Miami Spice 2015: Best of the best Miami Spice restaurants
- Gianni's at the Villa to open in former Versace Mansion in South Beach