Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
360 SE 1st St., Miami
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week
- What this 'hungry black man' did after a 'dining while black' experience
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day
- Who has Miami's favorite fried chicken?