Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
- Cantina la Veinte debuts at Icon Brickell July 28
- The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
- New restaurants move in to Miami: Il Mulino, Bistro BE, Mignonette
- Power through lunch with Miami's best express-lunch options
- Eat, drink and toast Bastille Day Monday, July 14
- The List: Eating around Miami with Dewey LoSasso