Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
360 SE 1st St., Miami
- Pokémon Go lures diners to SuViche South Beach
- This Miami Beach bar was just named America's best new bar
- Not even a dead body got people out of line for cronuts in New York
- Look like a celebrity and get free food
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba