Gelato-Go opens in downtown Miami
New location for South Beach sweets shop.
Italian gelato in South Florida doesn't get more authentic than what Antonio Arminio and his friends Domenico D’Addio and Alessandro Alvino have churned out from their Gelato-Go shop in South Beach since last year.
They source their pistachios from Sicily and their hazelnuts from Piedmont. Arminio learned the craft from his father, a gelato-maker for more than half a century.
Gelato-Go's creamy treats have developed such a following at 458 Ocean Dr. that the pals have opened a second shop, in downtown Miami.
Located at 360 SE 1st St., the new Gelato-Go is having a soft opening today starting at 1 p.m.
The official opening is Monday. As a limited-time promotion, the new shop is offering its breakfast menu at half price.
- The List: Michael Mina's Miami restaurant picks
- Cvi.Che 105 set to open in South Beach
- 50 Eggs guest chef dinner features Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Michael Mina's Stripsteak opening next month in Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Harry's Pizzeria to open in Coconut Grove
- Joe's Stone Crab, Prime 112 among top-grossing U.S. restaurants
- Chef Katsuya Uechi hosts pop-up dinner at the SLS South Beach
- South Florida's 5 strictest restaurants
- The List: Carla Pellegrino's Miami restaurant picks
- SooWoo brings Korean & teppanyaki to South Beach