gastroPod moves out of Airstream & into a shipping container with outdoor deck
Enter the gastroPod Diner
A pioneer of the Miami food truck movement, Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog may be at the forefront of the next big food thing in town, moving his gastroPod from the Airstream and into a shipping container complete with deck and outdoor seating. While the gastroPod Diner will debut at Bonnaroo Music Festival June 12 in Tennessee, Bullfrog, who notably staged at El Bulli in Spain and is also rapper Rick Ross’ personal chef, says "upon returning to Miami, we are looking to set up shop in the 'hood." He also says for now, the Airstream is so 2009. "We are trying to go unmobile," he told us. As for the Bonnaroo menu, it plays on the 20th anniversary of Pulp Fiction with menu items like Royale With Cheese (a quarter pounder), The Big Kahuna (burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell), Fries with Mayo, Gourmet Coffee, and Five Dollar Shakes. For those heading to Tennessee, the gastroPod Diner will be located by Bonnaroo’s Cinema Tent.
- Tinta y Café Pops-Up at MIFFecito
- Danny Elmaleh's Mediterranean Cleo to open Nov. 7 at The Redbury South Beach
- Tobacco Road closing its doors for good October 25
- Dinner in Paradise: Homestead farm's chef lineup is out!
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent