gastroPod moves out of Airstream & into a shipping container with outdoor deck
Enter the gastroPod Diner
A pioneer of the Miami food truck movement, Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog may be at the forefront of the next big food thing in town, moving his gastroPod from the Airstream and into a shipping container complete with deck and outdoor seating. While the gastroPod Diner will debut at Bonnaroo Music Festival June 12 in Tennessee, Bullfrog, who notably staged at El Bulli in Spain and is also rapper Rick Ross’ personal chef, says "upon returning to Miami, we are looking to set up shop in the 'hood." He also says for now, the Airstream is so 2009. "We are trying to go unmobile," he told us. As for the Bonnaroo menu, it plays on the 20th anniversary of Pulp Fiction with menu items like Royale With Cheese (a quarter pounder), The Big Kahuna (burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell), Fries with Mayo, Gourmet Coffee, and Five Dollar Shakes. For those heading to Tennessee, the gastroPod Diner will be located by Bonnaroo’s Cinema Tent.
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in