gastroPod moves out of Airstream & into a shipping container with outdoor deck
Enter the gastroPod Diner
A pioneer of the Miami food truck movement, Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog may be at the forefront of the next big food thing in town, moving his gastroPod from the Airstream and into a shipping container complete with deck and outdoor seating. While the gastroPod Diner will debut at Bonnaroo Music Festival June 12 in Tennessee, Bullfrog, who notably staged at El Bulli in Spain and is also rapper Rick Ross’ personal chef, says "upon returning to Miami, we are looking to set up shop in the 'hood." He also says for now, the Airstream is so 2009. "We are trying to go unmobile," he told us. As for the Bonnaroo menu, it plays on the 20th anniversary of Pulp Fiction with menu items like Royale With Cheese (a quarter pounder), The Big Kahuna (burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell), Fries with Mayo, Gourmet Coffee, and Five Dollar Shakes. For those heading to Tennessee, the gastroPod Diner will be located by Bonnaroo’s Cinema Tent.
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto