gastroPod moves out of Airstream & into a shipping container with outdoor deck
Enter the gastroPod Diner
A pioneer of the Miami food truck movement, Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog may be at the forefront of the next big food thing in town, moving his gastroPod from the Airstream and into a shipping container complete with deck and outdoor seating. While the gastroPod Diner will debut at Bonnaroo Music Festival June 12 in Tennessee, Bullfrog, who notably staged at El Bulli in Spain and is also rapper Rick Ross’ personal chef, says "upon returning to Miami, we are looking to set up shop in the 'hood." He also says for now, the Airstream is so 2009. "We are trying to go unmobile," he told us. As for the Bonnaroo menu, it plays on the 20th anniversary of Pulp Fiction with menu items like Royale With Cheese (a quarter pounder), The Big Kahuna (burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell), Fries with Mayo, Gourmet Coffee, and Five Dollar Shakes. For those heading to Tennessee, the gastroPod Diner will be located by Bonnaroo’s Cinema Tent.
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover