gastroPod moves out of Airstream & into a shipping container with outdoor deck
Enter the gastroPod Diner
A pioneer of the Miami food truck movement, Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog may be at the forefront of the next big food thing in town, moving his gastroPod from the Airstream and into a shipping container complete with deck and outdoor seating. While the gastroPod Diner will debut at Bonnaroo Music Festival June 12 in Tennessee, Bullfrog, who notably staged at El Bulli in Spain and is also rapper Rick Ross’ personal chef, says "upon returning to Miami, we are looking to set up shop in the 'hood." He also says for now, the Airstream is so 2009. "We are trying to go unmobile," he told us. As for the Bonnaroo menu, it plays on the 20th anniversary of Pulp Fiction with menu items like Royale With Cheese (a quarter pounder), The Big Kahuna (burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell), Fries with Mayo, Gourmet Coffee, and Five Dollar Shakes. For those heading to Tennessee, the gastroPod Diner will be located by Bonnaroo’s Cinema Tent.
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach