Garnier Greener Tour
A fully loaded, glass tour bus will be making stops at multiple Walmart stores in Florida, offering beauty-lovers exciting ways to help protect the environment.
The Garnier Greener Tour
Friday, July 6 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Walmart (the bus will be located in their parking lot)
8400 Coral Way, Miami
WHO: Garnier and TerraCycle
WHAT: Megabrand Garnier, in partnership with upcycling pioneer TerraCycle, is hitting the road for the Garnier Greener Tour. The fully loaded, glass tour bus will be making stops at multiple Walmart stores in Florida, offering beauty-lovers exciting ways to help protect the environment. Shoppers can drop off empty hair care, skin care or cosmetic packaging to be recycled, receive free Garnier samples and try out new products. Those who bring at least one piece of beauty packaging waste to be recycled will be eligible for a mini-style at the on-site Garnier styling station.
The multi-city tour is designed to inform men and women about the recyclability of cosmetic packaging, encourage them to think differently about waste, and teach simple ways to have a positive impact on the environment. The tour bus will feature:
• TerraCycle collection bins to encourage people to recycle empty personal care and beauty items
• TerraCycle representative on site to educate on recycling and upcycling
• Garnier samples and other goodies
• Garnier styling stations
• Interactive bottle toss game Through Garnier’s sponsorship of the Beauty Brigade, any individual or group can collect and send hair care, skin care and cosmetic packaging to TerraCycle for free.
For every unit of waste collected, Garnier will contribute two cents to the charity of the collector’s choice. Now, all kinds of beauty waste that would otherwise end up in a landfill can now be recycled or reused.
THE ADDED BONUS: From 4 to 6 p.m., Jewel Figueras from Jewel's Fab Life is hosting a Miami blogger and reader meet-up. It's FREE and there will be Garnier stylists doing fun hairstyles, sweet treats, and Garnier gift bags for all attendees. Everyone can bring any empty or old hair care, skin care or cosmetic packaging for recycling (which is perfect since they’ll need to make room for all those new Garnier goodies!)
WHERE/WHEN: July 6, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Walmart Parking Lot (8400 Coral Way, Miami)
- Shop For A Cause with Blogger Angeles Almuna
- beGlammed On-Demand Beauty Service Launches in Miami
- SEPHORA Opening in Coral Gables
- Capretto Shoes to Host Two Stylish Events
- Create Your Own Chuck Taylor All Star Sneakers
- Poshmark Invites You to its Sassy Summer Style #PoshParty
- Trunk Show at The Standard
- European Wax Center and Wilhelmina Are Looking for a Summer Goddess
- Sawgrass Mills Adds New Stores
- Vanity Projects Hosts Night of Fashion and Art