Gabrielle Union talks Dwyane Wade's proposal
So what went down when Dwyane Wade proposed last month to his lady love Gabrielle Union? The Being Mary Jane star explained on Live with Kelly and Michael Tuesday that she and “D” were out having a family Saturday brunch and then headed to the basketball star’s house that’s under construction.
At the site, Wade’s two sons (plus the nephew he has legal guardianship of) put up signs that read, “Nicky, Will you marry us?” Nicky is Union’s character in the 2004 Breakin’ All the Rules, so that may be a pet name. Union relayed she thought it was a joke until Wade got down on bended knee on her yoga block (didn’t want to get his knees dirty on the concrete).
Ripa couldn’t believe the size of the actress’ “impressive” 8 1/2 carat solitaire ring. “It’s not just large and round. It’s got height,” said Ripa. “I asked for tube socks, and this is what I got,” quipped Union.
No mention of Wade’s new baby Xavier with former mistress Aja Metoyer. Phew.
On Our Radar
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips
- Cristiano Ronaldo spied out in Miami