Gabrielle Union talks Dwyane Wade's proposal
So what went down when Dwyane Wade proposed last month to his lady love Gabrielle Union? The Being Mary Jane star explained on Live with Kelly and Michael Tuesday that she and “D” were out having a family Saturday brunch and then headed to the basketball star’s house that’s under construction.
At the site, Wade’s two sons (plus the nephew he has legal guardianship of) put up signs that read, “Nicky, Will you marry us?” Nicky is Union’s character in the 2004 Breakin’ All the Rules, so that may be a pet name. Union relayed she thought it was a joke until Wade got down on bended knee on her yoga block (didn’t want to get his knees dirty on the concrete).
Ripa couldn’t believe the size of the actress’ “impressive” 8 1/2 carat solitaire ring. “It’s not just large and round. It’s got height,” said Ripa. “I asked for tube socks, and this is what I got,” quipped Union.
No mention of Wade’s new baby Xavier with former mistress Aja Metoyer. Phew.
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood