Gabrielle Union the special guest at screening
WPBT2 will host a free preview screening and reception of Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide on Thursday, September 27 at the Little Haiti Cultural Center in Miami. Featured guest, Gabrielle Union will be in attendance. Union will discuss her experiences while visiting Vietnam during the filming of the documentary as well as answer audience questions.
The event begins with a reception and live music at 6:30 p.m. After the screening, audience members will also have a chance to ask questions to a panel of local experts from the Miami International Rescue Committee, Kristi House, Department of Homeland Security and Vida Legal Services.
Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide, filmed in 10 countries and inspired by the best-selling book by Pulitzer Prize-winning authors Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, is driven by the growing awareness that empowering women is the best way to increase prosperity and stability around the globe. Six talented actress-advocates — Eva Mendes, Meg Ryan, Gabrielle Union, Diane Lane, America Ferrera, and Olivia Wilde — join Kristof as he travels to Asia and Africa to meet face-to-face with inspiring individuals working to bring about change and the women and girls who confront extreme gender inequality in their daily lives.
Those interested in attending must RSVP to Kristina Gutierrez at email@example.com or 305-424-4025.
On Our Radar
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood
- Olivia Palermo debuts summer fashion line in Miami
- The Kardashians raise eyebrows in Cuba