Gabrielle Anwar, Shareef Malnik: love story
All we hear about is couples breaking up, so it's refreshing to see a love story playing out right here in Miami. And the relationship between Gabrielle Anwar and Shareef Malnik shows no signs...
All we hear about is couples breaking up, so it's refreshing to see a love story playing out right here in Miami.
The pair manages to stay close even though Anwar is working up to 18 hour days filming the USA Network hit Burn Notice.
``I text him all day long from the set and tell him what's going on,'' Anwar said Saturday at the Make-A-Wish Ball at the Intercontinental Miami Hotel.
``I get pictures from the set, I meet her on the set for lunch,'' interjected Malnik, the ball's chairman.
The Forge owner, 52, and the British actress, 40, watch episodes together when they can.
``I don't really have time to watch TV but Burn Notice is definitely on my TiVo,'' he said emphatically. ``I'm her biggest fan.''
Anwar -- who plays Fiona Glenanne, the bad-ass girlfriend of super spy Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) -- couldn't divulge too many plot points of the midseason premiere, airing 10 p.m. Thursday.
Last we saw of Westen, he had just been shot. What happens?
``I guess we'll find out if he bleeds to death or gets plugged up,'' joked Anwar. ``I think he gets plugged up.''
Anwar would say that fans can expect lots of action.
``I think the actual finale of the next few episodes is pretty powerful,'' she said. ``It was a lot of work, there are a lot of explosions and a lot of gunpowder.''
With all these fireworks, does Malnik worry?
``I don't,'' he said, grabbing her close. ``She's pretty tough.''
-- MADELEINE MARR
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex