Gabrielle Anwar in love
Shareef Malnik her biggest fan
All we hear about is couples breaking up, so it's refreshing to see a love story playing out right here in Miami.
And the relationship between Gabrielle Anwar and Shareef Malnik shows no signs of dying down. The pair manages to stay close even though Anwar is working up to 18 hour days filming the USA Network hit Burn Notice.
"I text him all day long from the set and tell him what's going on," Anwar said Saturday at the Make-A-Wish Ball at the Intercontinental Miami Hotel. "I get pictures from the set, I meet her on the set for lunch," interjected Malnik, the ball's chairman. The Forge owner, 52, and the British actress, 40, watch episodes together when they can. "I don't really have time to watch TV but Burn Notice is definitely on my TiVo," he said emphatically. "I'm her biggest fan."
Anwar -- who plays Fiona Glenanne, the bad-ass girlfriend of super spy Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) -- couldn't divulge too many plot points of the midseason premiere, airing 10 p.m. Thursday. Last we saw of Westen, he had just been shot. What happens? "I guess we'll find out if he bleeds to death or gets plugged up," joked Anwar. ‘‘I think he gets plugged up." Anwar would say that fans can expect lots of action.
"I think the actual finale of the next few episodes is pretty powerful," she said. "It was a lot of work, there are a lot of explosions and a lot of gunpowder." With all these fireworks, does Malnik worry? "I don't," he said, grabbing her close. ‘‘She's pretty tough."
On Our Radar
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag
- Chef Fabio Viviani shows off kitchen skills
- Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio at restaurant site
- Paula Deen makes appearance at South Beach Wine and Food Festival, receives standing ovation
- Country star Trisha Yearwood gets cooking