Gables Bike Day
Bikers take over Coral Gables' streets (well, two of them) for Gables Bike Day, with family-friendly fun to get you on a roll.
Gables Bike Day, Sunday, Oct. 20 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. at Ponce de Leon and Miracle Mile.
More info at www.gablesbikeday.com.
Is your bike stuck in the garage collecting dust because you are afraid of getting run off the road by one of Miami's crazy drivers? Head to City Beautiful on Sunday, October 20 for Gables Bike Day, a day when the cars get sidelined to make way for bike riders. In its third edition, Gables Bike Day also includes BMX demos, skateboard contests and guided bike tours. Thousands come out to spend a stress-free day in the sunshine at this event organized by the non-profit Bike Walk Coral Gables and presented by the Downtown Coral Gables & Miracle Mile BID to promote cycling and educate the community about safety and traffic laws that apply to cyclists and pedestrians, encourage bicycle commuting, improve kid bike safety and support the further development of a vibrant bike culture for Miami-Dade. The day will include Bike Polo demos every hour, bounce houses and arts & crafts at the Kid Zone plus music by a DJ and Nil Lara.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14