Gables Bike Day
Bikers take over Coral Gables' streets (well, two of them) for Gables Bike Day, with family-friendly fun to get you on a roll.
Is your bike stuck in the garage collecting dust because you are afraid of getting run off the road by one of Miami's crazy drivers? Head to City Beautiful on Sunday, October 20 for Gables Bike Day, a day when the cars get sidelined to make way for bike riders. In its third edition, Gables Bike Day also includes BMX demos, skateboard contests and guided bike tours. Thousands come out to spend a stress-free day in the sunshine at this event organized by the non-profit Bike Walk Coral Gables and presented by the Downtown Coral Gables & Miracle Mile BID to promote cycling and educate the community about safety and traffic laws that apply to cyclists and pedestrians, encourage bicycle commuting, improve kid bike safety and support the further development of a vibrant bike culture for Miami-Dade. The day will include Bike Polo demos every hour, bounce houses and arts & crafts at the Kid Zone plus music by a DJ and Nil Lara.
Gables Bike Day, Sunday, Oct. 20 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. at Ponce de Leon and Miracle Mile.
More info at www.gablesbikeday.com.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship