Gables Bike Day
Bikers take over Coral Gables' streets (well, two of them) for Gables Bike Day, with family-friendly fun to get you on a roll.
Is your bike stuck in the garage collecting dust because you are afraid of getting run off the road by one of Miami's crazy drivers? Head to City Beautiful on Sunday, October 20 for Gables Bike Day, a day when the cars get sidelined to make way for bike riders. In its third edition, Gables Bike Day also includes BMX demos, skateboard contests and guided bike tours. Thousands come out to spend a stress-free day in the sunshine at this event organized by the non-profit Bike Walk Coral Gables and presented by the Downtown Coral Gables & Miracle Mile BID to promote cycling and educate the community about safety and traffic laws that apply to cyclists and pedestrians, encourage bicycle commuting, improve kid bike safety and support the further development of a vibrant bike culture for Miami-Dade. The day will include Bike Polo demos every hour, bounce houses and arts & crafts at the Kid Zone plus music by a DJ and Nil Lara.
Gables Bike Day, Sunday, Oct. 20 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. at Ponce de Leon and Miracle Mile.
More info at www.gablesbikeday.com.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Five reasons you should dress like an early 20th century Irishman on Bloomsday
- Top 4 events during Irie Weekend