Funky Buddha Brewery announces birthday party lineup, expansion plans
Big things are brewing at 1-year-old Funky Buddha Brewery in Oakland Park.
Funky Buddha 1st Anniversary Party
Saturday, May 31
Noon to 10 p.m.
1201 NE 38th St., Oakland Park
As far as new-brewery success stories go, Funky Buddha's has been nothing short of remarkable.
Since opening last June, the Oakland Park-based craft brewery reached its initial brewing capacity of 5,000 barrels, got its beers on draft in more than 400 restaurants and bars, scored positive ink in local and national publications and earned buzz for its culinary-focused beers like the highly rated Maple Bacon Coffee Porter.
The brewery's plans for Year Two include a $3 million expansion, currently under way, that will add a new bottling line (expect to see 12-ounce bottles roll out in August), 10 new employees, increased capacity to 16,000 barrels a year, and a new 21,000-square-foot wing to the original brewery.
Funky Buddha is toasting its accomplishments and goals with a First Anniversary Party from noon to 10 p.m. on Saturday, May 31.
The festival will feature live music from Short Straw Pickers, Lather Up!, Sawgrass Express and Ketchy Shuby; and food from Palate Party, Outside the Box Sandwich Co., Pescados Unidos, Flour Power and Diablo Dogs food trucks.
The ridiculous draft beer lineup:
Hop Gun IPA, Floridian Hefeweizen, Crusher Session IPA Amarillo, Anthony's Fuhgeddaboudit Red Ale, OP Porter, Doc Brown, Cabana Boy, Last Snow, More Moro Blood Orange IPA, Pineapple Hop Gun IPA, Honey I Shrunk the Braggot, Baklava Braggot, French Toast Double Brown Ale, Red Velvet Cake Ale, Vanilla Cream Abdul Jabbar Nitro, Imperial Red Ale, Don't Tell Reece Peanut Butter Cup Ale, Blueberry Cobbler Ale, Fire in Your Hole (Scorpion Chile Imperial Red Ale), Trippel Lindy, Small Axe Big IPA, Pinot Noir Barrel Iron & Barleywine, Laird's Apple Brandy Barrel-Aged Quadrangle, The Fluffer (Fluffer Nutter Ale), Pinglehead Ambitious Monk, 7eventh Sun Or it Gets the Gose Again, Saint Somewhere Cheval, Saint Somewhere Ete Sans Fin, Wynwood Brewing Hazelnut Cup of Jose, Wynwood Brewing Barrel-Aged Wheat Wine, Cigar City Brewing Double Barrel Hunahpu's and Cigar City Brewing Peach White Oak Jai Alai.
- St. Louis-based Pi Pizzeria opening this year in South Beach
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
- Cantina la Veinte debuts at Icon Brickell July 28
- The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo