FUNKSHION: Fashion Week Miami Beach 2010
Back for its 15th season, the Setai Hotel and Bass Museum set the stage for FUNKSHION.
FUNKSION: Fashion Week Miami Beach, that is.
Now in its 15th season, the ecclectic mix of fashion, music and shopping commences Oct. 20 -24. With runways at the Setai Hotel and Bass Museum, South Beach will be home to over 20 fashion designers from around the globe showcasing their Spring/Summer 2011 collections. Krel, Flora & Fauna, Luca Luca, Silvia Tcherassi, Trina Turk, Elie Tahari, Richie Rich and more will be strutting the catwalks.
As always, the first 100 people to RSVP can go free by browsing on over to www.fashionweekmiami.com.
Here are three key events (some with a cause!), fellow fashionistas:
American Heart Association’s Red Dress Campaign show, presented by Perry Ellis.
The Go Red For Women Event and runway show is on Thursday, Oct. 21 at The Bass Museum at 8 p.m. The runway show and 100 percent of ticket sales will benefit the American Heart Association.
Juwan Howard Foundation Event with kids fashion show (multiple designers)
Held on on Saturday, Oct 23 from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m at the Bass Museum. The Mission of the Foundation is to embrace at risk inner-city children living with little hope. The foundation provides assistance for a better education, expanded recreational opportunities, moral support and encouragement to at-risk children living in the inner cities.
Shop Miami Beach
Shop till you drop from Oct. 23 - 24 from noon to 6 p.m. This event is open to the public and retailers from around the city offer big sales! Check out up-and-coming designers and more at the Bass Museum.
For ticket sales go to: www.funkshion.com to buy tickets.
- Style Meets Social Good at Wine, Women & Shoes
- Fashion Week Comes to Coral Gables
- Fashion Shows kick off Miami Beach Centennial Celebration
- New York Fashion Week’s Beauty Trends Fit Miami’s Lifestyle
- Funkshion: Fashion Week Miami Beach Fall 2014
- Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show Returns to South Beach
- New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Top Trends
- Nicolita brings swim fashion to Versailles
- Swim Week Trend Report 2014
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 4