Miami.com's Wine of the Month for December is Billecart-Salmon Mareuil-sur-Ay Brut Rosé
When most of us think of pink wine, we think of White Zinfandel magnum bottles sweating in neighborhood bodegas. But rosés run deep.
An ex-boyfriend (not pictured) gave me a bottle of Billecart-Salmon Mareuil-sur-Ay Brut Rosé to celebrate his cancelled wedding (to a 20-year-old). It was as fresh as these models I tried to pose with. The aroma is reminiscent of the detestable fromages funk that makes many French cheeses so intriguing.
Epoisses, Fougerus and morbier are among my favorites, and you can find them at The Cheese Course in Midtown. There are reserved, red fruit flavors like strawberries and red cherries and after about 45 minutes, the wine smelled like Victoria’s Secret Pure Seduction (I’m not exaggerating).
This wine beckons for fancy French fare - pâté, charcuterie, cornichons, olives, and French baguettes. Try Caribbean water crackers if you’re scared of the bread. They are cheaper than the fancy ones and taste almost as good.
Breaking up doesn’t always taste as good, but funk it. It’s his break-up, not mine, and I’m pretty sure if he buys her a bottle of this rosé, the wedding will be on again (Maybe not, LOL).
Billecart-Salmon Mareuil-sur-Ay Brut Rosé is approximately $80 for a bottle at:
Wine & Spirits Emporium, 10730 NW 74th St., Doral, 305-477-8630.
Total Wine & More, 14750 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami, 305-354-3270.
Wine Depot & Bistro 555, 555 Jefferson Ave., Miami Beach, 305-672-6161.
- Minibar app brings wine, spirits, and beer to your door
- Go Drink This: The Pineapple
- Repour craft cocktail bar to open in South Beach's Albion Hotel
- Go Drink This: Ceviche Sour
- Go Drink This: New England Sidecar
- Wunderbar at Circa 39 charms with global cocktails and flavors in Mid-Beach
- Go Drink This: Coquito
- Handcrafted Holiday Martinis: Give the Gift of Elegance at Home
- Go Drink This: Paint Your Own Negroni
- Go Drink This: Gin Punch