Full circle: Eating House brings back some old(ish) faves
As the countdown to pop-down continues, Giorgio Rapicavoli brings it all back home
With just days before pop-up fave Eating House packs up for the summer, chef and mastermind Giorgio Rapicavoli is bringing back some of his original dishes, the ones that made Eating House a packed one for the past several months. Starting Wednesday, July 18, here's what will be on that menu:
Japanese Eggplant w/ Banana Miso & Vanilla
Saltroasted Bone Marrow w/ Ropa Vieja & Tostada Cubana"Mac & Cheese" w/ Roasted Pumpkin & Cornbread Crumbs
Sea Scallops w/ Smoked Guava & Maduro Puree
"Birthday Cake" w/ Cake Batter Mousse & Whipped Chocolate
Strawberry Shortcake w/ Basil Ice Cream & Crunchy Meringue
And as for Rapicavoli's next move, again, no word just yet, but we're on it.
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.
- La Mar by Gastón Acurio opens at Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Wednesday, March 19