Redland Summer Fruit Festival offers sweet and juicy fun in South Dade
The Redland Summer Fruit Festival celebrates its 25th year this weekend.
Redland Summer Fruit Festival
Redland Fruit and Spice Park, 24801 SW 187th Ave., Homestead
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Admission: $8; children 11 and under enter free
For more information: www.fruitandspicepark.org.
South Floridians can taste fruits both rare and familiar at the annual Redland Summer Fruit Festival this weekend.
The annual event will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Fruit and Spice Park, 24801 SW 187th Ave.
Admission is $8, while children 11 and under enter free.
The 25th annual event showcases local agriculture and tropical fruits. There will be vendor booths featuring foods and rare fruit sampling.
Fruit & Spice Park Manager Chris Rollins said the event attracts about 3,000 people.
“It showcases one of our basic products, many grow these fruits,” he said.
The event initially started as a mango festival.
At the event, there will be a collection of tropical fruit from around the world, farm equipment, fruit for sale, a steel band and park tours.
See and Do
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Dennis Miller performs Sunday with Dana Carvey at Seminole Hard Rock
- Free movies, camp, crafts & Munchkin Fun's top picks for your post-holiday week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 4-6
- Fireworks, festivals, parades & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Florida Supercon: Top Five Things to Do
- Miami Events - July 2014
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Jungle Island hosts 99.9 Kiss Country Music Festival on the Fourth of July
- Nikki Beach hosts bacon bash on July 5