Redland Summer Fruit Festival offers sweet and juicy fun in South Dade
The Redland Summer Fruit Festival celebrates its 25th year this weekend.
Redland Summer Fruit Festival
Redland Fruit and Spice Park, 24801 SW 187th Ave., Homestead
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Admission: $8; children 11 and under enter free
For more information: www.fruitandspicepark.org.
South Floridians can taste fruits both rare and familiar at the annual Redland Summer Fruit Festival this weekend.
The annual event will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Fruit and Spice Park, 24801 SW 187th Ave.
Admission is $8, while children 11 and under enter free.
The 25th annual event showcases local agriculture and tropical fruits. There will be vendor booths featuring foods and rare fruit sampling.
Fruit & Spice Park Manager Chris Rollins said the event attracts about 3,000 people.
“It showcases one of our basic products, many grow these fruits,” he said.
The event initially started as a mango festival.
At the event, there will be a collection of tropical fruit from around the world, farm equipment, fruit for sale, a steel band and park tours.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art