Frita Showdown 2014 arrives at Magic City Casino Aug. 13
6 restaurants compete for the title of World's Best Frita Cubana.
Burger Beast's Frita Showdown
7-10 p.m. Aug. 13
Magic City Casino
Eat, drink and celebrate Cuban culture as Burger Beast's Frita Showdown returns to the Magic City Casino on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
The competition pits six South Florida Cuban restaurants against each other to vie for the title of "Best Frita Cubana in the World."
Competitors include last year's winner, El Rey de las Fritas, along with Bread + Butter Counter, Cuban Guys, El Mago de las Fritas, FINKA Table & Tap and Latin House.
Judges include Sakaya Kitchen chef-owner Richard Hales, 50 Eggs CEO John Kunkel, Pubbelly chef-partner Jose Mendin & NBC 6’s Roxanne Vargas.
Your $35 ticket includes a frita Cubana from each restaurant, snacks, desserts, soft drinks and sangria. Buy online.
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour
- Philly diner Green Eggs Cafe opens in Aventura
- New restaurants add to Doral's food options