Frita Showdown 2014 arrives at Magic City Casino Aug. 13
6 restaurants compete for the title of World's Best Frita Cubana.
Eat, drink and celebrate Cuban culture as Burger Beast's Frita Showdown returns to the Magic City Casino on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
The competition pits six South Florida Cuban restaurants against each other to vie for the title of "Best Frita Cubana in the World."
Competitors include last year's winner, El Rey de las Fritas, along with Bread + Butter Counter, Cuban Guys, El Mago de las Fritas, FINKA Table & Tap and Latin House.
Judges include Sakaya Kitchen chef-owner Richard Hales, 50 Eggs CEO John Kunkel, Pubbelly chef-partner Jose Mendin & NBC 6’s Roxanne Vargas.
Your $35 ticket includes a frita Cubana from each restaurant, snacks, desserts, soft drinks and sangria. Buy online.
Burger Beast's Frita Showdown
7-10 p.m. Aug. 13
Magic City Casino
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef