Frita Showdown 2014 arrives at Magic City Casino Aug. 13
6 restaurants compete for the title of World's Best Frita Cubana.
Eat, drink and celebrate Cuban culture as Burger Beast's Frita Showdown returns to the Magic City Casino on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
The competition pits six South Florida Cuban restaurants against each other to vie for the title of "Best Frita Cubana in the World."
Competitors include last year's winner, El Rey de las Fritas, along with Bread + Butter Counter, Cuban Guys, El Mago de las Fritas, FINKA Table & Tap and Latin House.
Judges include Sakaya Kitchen chef-owner Richard Hales, 50 Eggs CEO John Kunkel, Pubbelly chef-partner Jose Mendin & NBC 6’s Roxanne Vargas.
Your $35 ticket includes a frita Cubana from each restaurant, snacks, desserts, soft drinks and sangria. Buy online.
Burger Beast's Frita Showdown
7-10 p.m. Aug. 13
Magic City Casino
- How eating at a Miami Italian restaurant can aid Italy earthquake relief
- What chefs, authors the Miami Book Fair has for food lovers
- This renovated firehouse with two names has become a Brickell staple
- Miami's favorite croquetas by Yelpers in honor of Croquetapalooza
- 5 fun foodie activities to do with kids in Miami
- Wynwood businesses reopen after Zika scare
- Michy fans: Fried chicken is back
- Grandma's recipes play into new Estefan Kitchen
- This "clean eating" South Beach restaurant to open Brickell spot
- Croquetas get star treatment at Croquetapalooza