Frita Showdown 2014 arrives at Magic City Casino Aug. 13
6 restaurants compete for the title of World's Best Frita Cubana.
Burger Beast's Frita Showdown
7-10 p.m. Aug. 13
Magic City Casino
Eat, drink and celebrate Cuban culture as Burger Beast's Frita Showdown returns to the Magic City Casino on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
The competition pits six South Florida Cuban restaurants against each other to vie for the title of "Best Frita Cubana in the World."
Competitors include last year's winner, El Rey de las Fritas, along with Bread + Butter Counter, Cuban Guys, El Mago de las Fritas, FINKA Table & Tap and Latin House.
Judges include Sakaya Kitchen chef-owner Richard Hales, 50 Eggs CEO John Kunkel, Pubbelly chef-partner Jose Mendin & NBC 6’s Roxanne Vargas.
Your $35 ticket includes a frita Cubana from each restaurant, snacks, desserts, soft drinks and sangria. Buy online.
- Kitchen changes at Miami Beach restaurants The Dutch and Essensia
- The List: Miami's best foods according to BLT Prime chef Dustin Ward
- Klima debuts paella brunch in South Beach
- Oolite closes kitchen amid eviction proceedings from Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to Spiga's Saele Cantoni
- DIRT restaurant to boast clean eating in South Beach
- Gastro moves: GastroPod closes at Aventura Mall, Gastrobar opens in Sunny Isles
- The List: Miami's best bites with Soho Bay's Ricky Sauri
- Jugofresh to open healthy pop-up restaurant in South Beach
- Taste of the Nation serves up food, wine and beer for charity in Miami Beach