Frita Showdown 2014 arrives at Magic City Casino Aug. 13
6 restaurants compete for the title of World's Best Frita Cubana.
Burger Beast's Frita Showdown
7-10 p.m. Aug. 13
Magic City Casino
Eat, drink and celebrate Cuban culture as Burger Beast's Frita Showdown returns to the Magic City Casino on Wednesday, Aug. 13.
The competition pits six South Florida Cuban restaurants against each other to vie for the title of "Best Frita Cubana in the World."
Competitors include last year's winner, El Rey de las Fritas, along with Bread + Butter Counter, Cuban Guys, El Mago de las Fritas, FINKA Table & Tap and Latin House.
Judges include Sakaya Kitchen chef-owner Richard Hales, 50 Eggs CEO John Kunkel, Pubbelly chef-partner Jose Mendin & NBC 6’s Roxanne Vargas.
Your $35 ticket includes a frita Cubana from each restaurant, snacks, desserts, soft drinks and sangria. Buy online.
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed
- NYC's Sullivan Street Bakery to open in Miami
- The Fed in Miami brings back Crawdaddy Wednesdays
- The List: Miami's best dishes with Katsuya's Jose Icardi
- Contest: Guess the South Florida restaurant, win tickets to Robert Irvine Live
- Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, Niu Kitchen's Deme Lomas named Food & Wine People's Best New Chef nominees
- Where to celebrate Easter Sunday