Fresh off the Runway
Mondo Guerra designs T for a cause
Mondo Guerra is hopping on the good cause bandwagon.
The Project Runway designer is raising money for AIDS research in a new partnership with online retailer Piperlime.
Mondo, a "Runway'' fan favorite this season, designed two limited-edition T-shirts to launch Wednesday, to coincide with World AIDS Day. For each shirt sold, $20 will be donated to amFAR, an organization that focuses on AIDS research. One shirt shows a tree with a single heart hanging from a branch and the other features a colorful skull in the Day of the Dead theme that dominated Guerra's final collection on the TV show. The Mexican tradition of Day of the Dead isn't about death at all, he says, it's about celebrating the memory of loved ones.
"I think it's a smart choice to use this for this cause." The T-shirts are for women, though Guerra notes, "They actually printed a male version in extra small just for me."
On Our Radar
- Karent Sierra headed to jail (not really)
- Lil Wayne finally pays up
- Boca Raton native Ariana Grande: lots going on
- Target teams with Lauren Bush's Feed Project
- One Direction surprises fans on Miami Beach
- Band WAR playing at Magic City Casino
- Devil Wears Prada author coming to Aventura Mall
- Danish architect in town for groundbreaking in Grove
- Haute hotelier Chris Blackwell coming to town
- Native South Floridian on Lifetime's Pretty Wicked Moms