Fresh off the Runway
Mondo Guerra designs T for a cause
Mondo Guerra is hopping on the good cause bandwagon.
The Project Runway designer is raising money for AIDS research in a new partnership with online retailer Piperlime.
Mondo, a "Runway'' fan favorite this season, designed two limited-edition T-shirts to launch Wednesday, to coincide with World AIDS Day. For each shirt sold, $20 will be donated to amFAR, an organization that focuses on AIDS research. One shirt shows a tree with a single heart hanging from a branch and the other features a colorful skull in the Day of the Dead theme that dominated Guerra's final collection on the TV show. The Mexican tradition of Day of the Dead isn't about death at all, he says, it's about celebrating the memory of loved ones.
"I think it's a smart choice to use this for this cause." The T-shirts are for women, though Guerra notes, "They actually printed a male version in extra small just for me."
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'