Fresh off the Runway
Mondo Guerra designs T for a cause
Mondo Guerra is hopping on the good cause bandwagon.
The Project Runway designer is raising money for AIDS research in a new partnership with online retailer Piperlime.
Mondo, a "Runway'' fan favorite this season, designed two limited-edition T-shirts to launch Wednesday, to coincide with World AIDS Day. For each shirt sold, $20 will be donated to amFAR, an organization that focuses on AIDS research. One shirt shows a tree with a single heart hanging from a branch and the other features a colorful skull in the Day of the Dead theme that dominated Guerra's final collection on the TV show. The Mexican tradition of Day of the Dead isn't about death at all, he says, it's about celebrating the memory of loved ones.
"I think it's a smart choice to use this for this cause." The T-shirts are for women, though Guerra notes, "They actually printed a male version in extra small just for me."
On Our Radar
- Would you buy a cellphone from Jennifer Lopez?
- Barbara Walters' daughter arrested in Naples
- Two locals will appear on ABC's The Bachelorette
- Bryan 'Birdman' launches vodka at Mokai
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson arrested in Broward
- Gorilla Perfumes making a stop at LUSH on Lincoln Road
- Food Network chefs sign on to Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Rewind Recap: Accordion Invasion hits South Beach
- Glades star Jordan Wall to appear at fundraiser