Fresh off the Runway
Mondo Guerra designs T for a cause
Mondo Guerra is hopping on the good cause bandwagon.
The Project Runway designer is raising money for AIDS research in a new partnership with online retailer Piperlime.
Mondo, a "Runway'' fan favorite this season, designed two limited-edition T-shirts to launch Wednesday, to coincide with World AIDS Day. For each shirt sold, $20 will be donated to amFAR, an organization that focuses on AIDS research. One shirt shows a tree with a single heart hanging from a branch and the other features a colorful skull in the Day of the Dead theme that dominated Guerra's final collection on the TV show. The Mexican tradition of Day of the Dead isn't about death at all, he says, it's about celebrating the memory of loved ones.
"I think it's a smart choice to use this for this cause." The T-shirts are for women, though Guerra notes, "They actually printed a male version in extra small just for me."
On Our Radar
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested