The Freehand Miami And The Broken Shaker Present Inaugural Art And Cocktail Series
Local artist Johnny Laderer creates site specific sculptures for a night of cocktails at this monthly series
Does art imitate life? Or is it life that imitates art?
In the case of the inaugural Drawing Room series at the Freehand Miami (2727 Indian Creek Dr., Miami Beach) this Friday, July 12 from 8 p.m. to midnight, the imitation will be between art and cocktails in The Broken Shaker’s lush back patio. Swing by to enjoy a site-specific installation by local artist Johnny Laderer and sip on an original cocktail by resident mixologist Gui Jaroschy.
The Drawing Room is slated as a monthly series bringing local artists to The Freehand for a social evening of artistic exploration beyond the traditional confines of a gallery space. This Friday, mix, mingle, and marvel at Laderer’s sculptures utilizing found objects, and sip on Jaroschy’s riff on the Hemingway Daiquiri, inspired by Laderer.
The Drawing Room
8 p.m. to midnight Friday July 12
2727 Indian Creek Dr., Miami Beach, 305-531-2727
- The new way to do Bimini
- Miami's 7 Best Indie Boutiques for One-of-a-Kind Fashion Finds
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- What's Hot in Wynwood Right Now
- 6 New Things You Didn't Know About Miami Hotels
- Not Just for Art--the Best of Wynwood's Indie Boutiques
- Halal Guide to Miami
- The Sweetest Ways to Screw Your Bikini Diet in Miami this Summer
- 9 Lunch Spots in Coconut Grove--Newcomers & Classics
- 7 Ways to Play Tourist for a Day in Miami by Land & Sea