The Freehand Miami And The Broken Shaker Present Inaugural Art And Cocktail Series
Local artist Johnny Laderer creates site specific sculptures for a night of cocktails at this monthly series
Does art imitate life? Or is it life that imitates art?
In the case of the inaugural Drawing Room series at the Freehand Miami (2727 Indian Creek Dr., Miami Beach) this Friday, July 12 from 8 p.m. to midnight, the imitation will be between art and cocktails in The Broken Shaker’s lush back patio. Swing by to enjoy a site-specific installation by local artist Johnny Laderer and sip on an original cocktail by resident mixologist Gui Jaroschy.
The Drawing Room is slated as a monthly series bringing local artists to The Freehand for a social evening of artistic exploration beyond the traditional confines of a gallery space. This Friday, mix, mingle, and marvel at Laderer’s sculptures utilizing found objects, and sip on Jaroschy’s riff on the Hemingway Daiquiri, inspired by Laderer.
The Drawing Room
8 p.m. to midnight Friday July 12
2727 Indian Creek Dr., Miami Beach, 305-531-2727
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- 7 Top Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Restaurants
- 10 Outdoor Activities in Miami That Aren't the Beach
- 9 Places in Miami to Meet Your Online Date (so even if it sucks you’ll still have a good time)
- Global "co-living" community coming to Miami this summer
- Why you might want to check into South Beach's new Residence Inn
- The Getaway: Clearwater Beach, a laidback, family-friendly Gulf Coast town
- Give Mom the Gift of Spa & Staycations this Mother's Day
- Inside Jimmy Buffett's world at Hollywood’s new Margaritaville Beach Resort
- Get a jump start on summer with top South Florida & Caribbean hotel packages