Free Classical Music
Get some culture this week without breaking the bank.
Kick off arts season the right way -- by not spending any money on tickets. This week there are several shows that will fulfill your need for a little classical music without leaving you in the poorhouse.
SANCTUARY: Wind Ensemble Concert FREE
New World Symphony kicks off its season with two free concerts this week. This event Mark Scatterday conducts a repertoire including Husa: Divertimento for Brass and Percussion; Dvorak: Serenade for Winds; Stravinsky: Symphonies of Wind Instruments; Schwanter: From a Dark Millenium. Free, tickets required.
Thursday, September 16, 7:30 p.m. at Lincoln Theatre, 541 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-673-3331 www.nws.edu
NIGHT MUSIC: String Orchestra Concert
Another free show by NWS with Scott Yoo, conductor. This evening includes Mozart: Serenade No. 6, “Serenata Notturno”; Schoenberg: Transfigured Night (1943 revision); BARTÓK: Divertimento. Free, tickets required.
Sunday, September 19, 2 p.m. at Lincoln Theatre, 541 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-673-3331 www.nws.edu
A Tribute to Andrea Bocelli & Italy
Enjoy an evening of opera favorites, from semi-classical to pop opera as well as traditional tunes sung by Angelo Marchese, Kelly Griffin, Susana Diaz and Maria Antunez. The event is free and open to the public.
Sunday, September 19 at 4 p.m. at Miami Dade College West, 3800 NW 115th Ave., Miami; firstname.lastname@example.org.
See and Do
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- Dennis Miller performs Sunday with Dana Carvey at Seminole Hard Rock
- Free movies, camp, crafts & Munchkin Fun's top picks for your post-holiday week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 4-6