Free Classical Music
Get some culture this week without breaking the bank.
Kick off arts season the right way -- by not spending any money on tickets. This week there are several shows that will fulfill your need for a little classical music without leaving you in the poorhouse.
SANCTUARY: Wind Ensemble Concert FREE
New World Symphony kicks off its season with two free concerts this week. This event Mark Scatterday conducts a repertoire including Husa: Divertimento for Brass and Percussion; Dvorak: Serenade for Winds; Stravinsky: Symphonies of Wind Instruments; Schwanter: From a Dark Millenium. Free, tickets required.
Thursday, September 16, 7:30 p.m. at Lincoln Theatre, 541 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-673-3331 www.nws.edu
NIGHT MUSIC: String Orchestra Concert
Another free show by NWS with Scott Yoo, conductor. This evening includes Mozart: Serenade No. 6, “Serenata Notturno”; Schoenberg: Transfigured Night (1943 revision); BARTÓK: Divertimento. Free, tickets required.
Sunday, September 19, 2 p.m. at Lincoln Theatre, 541 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-673-3331 www.nws.edu
A Tribute to Andrea Bocelli & Italy
Enjoy an evening of opera favorites, from semi-classical to pop opera as well as traditional tunes sung by Angelo Marchese, Kelly Griffin, Susana Diaz and Maria Antunez. The event is free and open to the public.
Sunday, September 19 at 4 p.m. at Miami Dade College West, 3800 NW 115th Ave., Miami; firstname.lastname@example.org.
See and Do
- 20 signs that you might be Cuban
- Public transportation in Miami is making moves
- 20 great parks, 20 great outings
- Cauley Square is a hidden gem in Miami
- Instagram photos that prove that Biscayne National Park is a dazzling gem
- Check out these 5 events during Downtown Art Days
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug 26-28
- 'Star Wars' marathon at the Olympia Theater
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books
- Public art to hunt down in Brickell and Downtown